Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 11:11 AM

Re: Effect of Government's disability hate campaigns

Originally Posted by MickB ->
In which case I am surprised that you are so unsympathetic and easily taken in by media propaganda.
I am not unsympathetic to genuine claims.

Maybve you are blinkered and biased?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's the thing morti, I can't see why gps etc can't report, why we make people go through hoops to prove their disability. It's also dangerous to say people who have an intimitant problem too you can be OK one day unable to move the next. Who'd employ that person ?

These people trying to beat the system need stopping but it's stopped too many genuine people.

Exactly .... people, like me, can be annoyed about fraudulent claimants and so might sound harsh when we condemn them but it's because we do recognise that 1) there's not enough money in the pot to go around ... so 2) it should be allocated to the genuine without making them feel a second rate citizen or charity case...

As long as scroungers are not successfully weeded out it unfortunately makes them feel censored and thrust into the firing line.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I've suffered back and neck pain since I was 25...2 prolapsed discs in my neck through motorbike accidents but the main was high impact compression.

This resulted in my fusion....I have experience of great pain.

I also know a few soldiers that suffer pain from amputations but it doesn't stop them working.

Maybe they have more self-respect than most?
I think some can cope with more pain than other tpin, I'm on tramadol, cocodomol and intermittent steroids to keep working but I'd not suggest anyone else is less because they can't do that. In many ways I'm the stupid one the combination I'm on is likely eventually to cause epilepsy so perhaps they are just sensible.

I watched my husband get back on his feet and back to work after his knee replacement the physios said they were quite amazed at him as none of the others from his ward were likely to return to work as they were struggling to walk. Were they less as people or were they just less able to cope with the pain ?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 02:15 PM

What always puzzles me is when l'm in a town centre or a supermarket and l see people walking perfectly but carrying a walking stick or gutter crutch as if, they are an accessory!
Surely, they are to use to keep them steady and upright, not be carried like a handbag!
Or are they registered as disabled and worried that they could be being watched?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 02:20 PM

I use one often I'll pick it up and walk if I'm not walking far. Sometimes I worry I'll become dependant and walking unaided makes me stronger. I can't speak for them all of course. But NHS doesn't provide many most of us buy them ourselves so many may be self diagnosed rather than medically needed.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 02:34 PM

A bit off-topic but I saw the sweetest thing a few weeks back.

You know these shopping trolley type things you see people pushing infront of them ..
This chap had his elderly looking old dog sitting in it instead of shopping .. even though the elderly chap looked like he needed wheeling about himself.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

21-04-2017, 02:35 PM

Aww that is sweet.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
What always puzzles me is when l'm in a town centre or a supermarket and l see people walking perfectly but carrying a walking stick or gutter crutch as if, they are an accessory!
Surely, they are to use to keep them steady and upright, not be carried like a handbag!
Or are they registered as disabled and worried that they could be being watched?
This..

And I've seen it on many occasions as well.
There are deffo people out there that swing it, and they need to be weeded out.

As said previously,
Most have no issues with anyone who has a genuine disability that prevents them working. It's those that exaggerate / pretend that gets some peoples backs up - getting a bit tired of repeating that quite frankly!

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top