Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2017, 10:12 AM

Re: Is the European Union Worth It?

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

I do think that graph is misleading. The bars are more noticeable than the faint blue crosses, yet the crosses represent the more important payment figures: the NETT contributions, ie, the amount actually paid to the EU coffers accounting for all the handouts received back from them.

You will notice that the UK is the second biggest contributor after Germany.

Edit: My apologies, SF. I see that you have tried to explain that fact too, not that certain people will understand that.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2017, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is not my graph, it is a graph produced by the EU itself.
Doesn't matter who conceived them...they are still missing a lot of information and as such are rendered useless to your interpretation and use.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2017, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by twink55 ->
i think that video clearly demonstrates that the intention of the eu was to become one big country, made up of states that were once european countries. Around the time of the referendum we were being told that they weren't going to take over our armed forces, but some would be used for security. Now we have worked out that was a lie, i wonder who will be in charge of the european army, when they set it up?
You cannot create a big country, that is fair to all, because each country will be wanting to look after their own people... No matter how united we are. The plan to become one country has been the intention from the beginning, but they have done it slowly and slyly, so none of us noticed any major changes. That suggests to me that the people running the eu cannot be trusted.

Peace will not continue in europe, but i don't think it will be ww3 , it will be created by terrorists from the middle east. Those of us who are prepared to give way to fear and change our lifestyles ( by not gathering in large groups for social activities or travel) will be handing over our countries to these terrorist... Who are growing all the time.

Don't forget, global warming may make europe one of the best continents of the world, for life to survive, because we are still likely to have water and some fertile ground to grow food.
I am not fooled by the idea that the eu want to protect us , because what they are really seeking is power..... And that is what causes all wars!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2017, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Doesn't matter who conceived them...they are still missing a lot of information and as such are rendered useless to your interpretation and use.
Hi

I am pleased to note that even you have now accepted that the EU Bureaucracy , which costs us a fortune, churns out meaningless rubbish.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2017, 10:45 AM

Hi

I thought the first part of the video was great, everything what makes sense about the EU.

What is was originally intended to be and great reasons for staying in.

Unfortunately the EU has developed into an entirely different thing.

A great sadness, but we are where we are.

As for Security and common purpose, neither Merkel and Juncker pay anywhere near their dues, and Germany and Luxembourg are very rich Countries riding on the backs of others.

They refuse point blank to pay their dues even though they are incredibly rich countries.

The bit about Tax made me laugh out loud.

Juncker was the PM of Luxembourg, the biggest Tax Haven in the EU.

If there had been any reasonable prospect of change in the EU, I would have voted to remain.

There wasn't and still isn't, so out we go.
What arrogance!
YOU have decided that there are no prospects that the EU will change so the UK leaves.

BTW I saw nothing in that video that said the EU is intent on becoming one country. What they want is for 27 countries to work together...Like any alliance. The assumption that it will become justified is nonsense...do you really think Greece and Cyprus are going to get along? Why do you think only the UK has a strong sense of national identity? Don't you know they all never want to lose their individuality?
Why the UK can't use the word cooperation without screaming coercion is unfathomable.
Flicker
France

15-04-2017, 10:47 AM

Hi

I am pleased to note that even you have now accepted that the EU Bureaucracy , which costs us a fortune, churns out meaningless rubbish.
Well there is one of the worst cases of utter misinterpretation of clear English I have seen.
If tens of thousands of jobs is meaningless rubbish you live on a different planet.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-04-2017, 11:14 AM

Hi

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top