Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 06:49 PM

Re: France will be the loser when we leave!

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
Funny the french lady has no comment
Did you mean 'the funny French lady'?

Perhaps she's busy mithering people on another forum.

She'll be back!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Did you mean 'the funny French lady'?

Perhaps she's busy mithering people on another forum.

She'll be back!
Are you referring to *******?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Are you referring to FLICKER?
Ooh, I don't like to say. I'd hate to be thought of as being personal.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 07:20 PM

Ooh, I don't like to say. I'd hate to be thought of as being personal.
I've edited my post the realised you'd quoted me
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-04-2017, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I've edited my post the realised you'd quoted me
In that case, yes, I was referring to *******
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Looking back at your posts Flicker, and your unwavering support for France as your adopted country and the EU cosy club, and your utter dislike of the UK, takes my mind back to an event which shows exactly the sort of arrogance and collusion goes on over there.

If I could bring just one instance to mind it would be where the word “unified cooperation” and “partners in trade” soundbites so often spewed out from the EU, shows in fact, their sheer hypocrisy. What I and I am sure,many others could see, was a gross betrayal towards another member state by one of its own - France!!.

One only has to think back to the brazen, flagrant and highly illegal Import ban of the UK’s Beef market to France after the Foot and Mouth disease in the 90’s.

In 1996, the EU ban on UK imported Beef, originally ordered by the EU Commission, was lifted after being in place for over 3.½ years. All countries complied - except France!
Their excuse was that the French people’s safety came before the orders of the EU. Of course, this was rightly thrown out by the courts, but only after another lengthy, unnecessary 18 months, when the Commission then agreed that the UK could start legal proceedings against France for breaking strict EU rules.

It was obvious to many that this illegal ban by France was being used as a ruse by Paris to block the UK’s lucrative Beef imports into its country in order to allow its own domestic Beef industry a competitive edge.

Here then is the rub….. In 2002, The European Court of Human Rights ruled that France had broken the rules of the EU and the Commission was fining them £100,000 a day for every day the ban remained in place. Of course, being the chums they are, this was only to be put into effect from the day the court ruled it illegal, not from the date that they should have lifted the ban in 1996.. Even though our own farmers had lost £300 million per year in lost sales by a renegade country flouting the strict laws and regulations of it’s beloved EU, for a further several years!.

So how much in fines did France pay in penalties?? Not a bluddy penny!! When the ECHR was hearing the case long after the ban should have been lifted, France finally lifted the ban. Disgracefully, but typical with the cosy partnership of France and the EU Commission, it then announced that because France had changed its policy whilst the case was pending, they need not pay any fines. HOW COSY! HOW TYPICAL!

And don’t get me started on the lavish, subsidy-laden Common Agricultural Policy, where once again, French farmers ensured they were the major net recipients of subsidies by sitting on vast Butter and Beef mountains, plus vast Wine and Milk Lakes, whilst good ol’ UK yet again paid in much more than they received for our own farmers. But….what’s new there?

I await with interest how the EU will operate without the UK teat to feed off when we leave.

The real reason was that no one on France would eat British beef...and they still don't. Not surprising really with so much good French beef about.

and the very very old "news" about butter mountains etc are so old as to be utterly irrelevant. That was sorted out years ago.

Can't you think of anything else to troll about?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 03:43 PM

At least we cleaned up our beef production I'm told others had same problems but hid it where we admitted our problem.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
The real reason was that no one on France would eat British beef...and they still don't. Not surprising really with so much good French beef about.

and the very very old "news" about butter mountains etc are so old as to be utterly irrelevant. That was sorted out years ago.

Can't you think of anything else to troll about?
Hi

I do love some of your posts Flicker, they are so funny.

The UK exports 10% of it's beef production to France.

So much for the French not eating British Beef because French is better.

http://www.ahdb.org.uk/brexit/docume...b_bitesize.pdf

Now before you go off on another one , the UK exports cheese to France as well, lots of it.

Our cheese exports to France were up by 22% last year whilst French Exports of Cheese to the UK were down by 19%.

Your famed French Butter?

Same story i'm afraid, loads going to France.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-04-2017, 07:49 PM

I suspect that FLIcker doesn't eat any British products on principle!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 08:07 AM

I suspect that FLIcker doesn't eat any British products on principle!
Certainly not Humble Pie.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top