Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 09:34 PM

Re: France will be the loser when we leave!

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have to disagree with you on that one Muddy.
It's true Swim
Foot and mouth is not fatal except to young animals they can recover but their milk production may be affected .
Meat from a foot and mouth animal does not affect humans.
Indeed I wonder at the morality of killing so many animals and burning their corpses when so many people have nothing to eat .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's true Swim
Foot and mouth is not fatal except to young animals they can recover but their milk production may be affected .
Meat from a foot and mouth animal does not affect humans.
Indeed I wonder at the morality of killing so many animals and burning their corpses when so many people have nothing to eat .
Hi

Apologies for the misunderstanding.

I thought your post related to Mad Cow disease, not foot and mouth.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Must have been a problem, Julie.

I seem to remember a Foot and Mouth epidemic at a farm local to where I lived in East Yorkshire.

That would be in the early 1950s.

The farm was sealed off and all the animals (including farm dogs & cats), were put down.

Seems seriously dangerous?
Australian Quarantine at our airports goes into overdrive when there is an outbreak of foot and mouth somewhere in the world. Instead of just the question asking whether you have been on a farm and perhaps minor scrutiny of your footwear a foot and mouth outbreak in your embarkation country means your footwear is liberally dosed in disinfectant
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Apologies for the misunderstanding.

I thought your post related to Mad Cow disease, not foot and mouth.

I thought this was the case Swims
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
If Marine Le Pen gets in (don't think she will pull it off though as too many are conspiring against her) it will be game over for the EU. SHE hates them with a vengeance.
Shes head to head.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top