Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 07:05 AM

The Express and False News.

Hi

Do any of you read this rag?

To my mind it is solely focused on the UK getting a bad deal from leaving.

The latest example is this.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/793...A-EBA-agencies

I voted to leave, I have no regrets

Leaving has consequences, so what?

It is worth it.

What is not worth it is absolute stupidity in not getting the best possible deal for the UK.

It is an inevitable consequence of leaving that all EU Institutions in the UK will leave the UK.

Get over it, it is not punishment it is reality.

There is an Agenda here, the hardest of Hard Brexit.

A pack of lies to promote one thing.

The rise of the robber barons, our own, those who want more Zero Hours Contracts, more profits for themselves.

This is not what I want, the EU was bad enough, this lot are worse.

There is no way I want the UK to remain in the EU.

Equally there is no way way I want 30 Ultra Right Wing MPs to replace it.

My own MP is one of these, in fact he is a leader of it.

His views in private are very telling.

He wants to abolish the National Minimum Wage, abolish Pension Protection Rights

This is not what I want for the UK.

I want to leave the EU, to have a much better standard of life for the ordinary UK Worker, to give those who have worked a good future, to protect our kids by giving the free training in jobs which are worthwhile.

To allow them the ability to get their own house, a decent standard of living and a good pension at the end of it.

I do not want to replace the EU, which I have no time for at all, with something worse.

Out we go, but time for us to deal with the scum who would rip us off when we leave.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 07:21 AM

Re: The Express and False News.

The Express is a strange paper. Seems quite irresponsible in it's choice of words for it headline grabbing news. If you read it on a regular basis you end up thinking the worse of the world and everyone in it. Funny thing is though many other papers run with the same news though with less dramatic headlines. The content of some of the articles is quite good too. Must admit though I'm viewing it less and less and reading other seemingly more rounded news on other sites. I'm even thinking of subscribing to the Telegraph which costs a £1 a week to unlock all their premium articles.

I search all over the place for all sorts of news but if I just relied on the Express I would be even more unsettled about worldwide developments than I am now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 09:07 AM

Re: The Express and False News.

I have read the Express a couple of times when nothing else was available and wasn't impressed. It's a bit like The Sun in that you can read it in your fifteen minute tea break.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top