Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 02:12 PM

Re: How do you think Brexit will affect France, Germany and other EU Countries?

Their foundations have been rocked. They thought they had built on solid ground but no they were unsound and the citadel is beginning to grumble. Can they stop the whole lot from collapsing entirely? It is going to take a great deal of repair to hold off further structural damage. Me thinks it could well all fall down like a deck of cards. They will not get away unscathed however things work out. We have shown the way .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I do so wish we could get away from the fallacy that the EU will lose out when we leave.

It will not lose out financially at all.

It will lose out on direct payments most certainly, however it gains far more than that immediately because of the Tax receipts it will get from our Banking, Insurance etc , currently based in the UK, moving to the EU.

The individual EU Countries who will lose the most from Brexit are Ireland, The Netherlands and Denmark.

It is up to the EU has to how, if at all, it compensates them.

We are in for a rough time for several years, a very rough time, whilst we build new Trade Deals.

It is worth it though.
I guess it's because we seem to pay in so much I can't imagine it not hurting someone to lose that swim. If you say that's wrong I'll accept it but remain puzzled.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Horrified at what exactly ? Most of us are shuffling along as usual and some are doing better than usual. Some are losing out but not as many as predicted. And we haven't left yet.
I'm certainly not horrified. I look forward to it.

The fact is that, having heard threats and warnings for over a year now, none of which seem to have happened, I have become immune to the doom mongers.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 02:40 PM

I guess it's because we seem to pay in so much I can't imagine it not hurting someone to lose that swim. If you say that's wrong I'll accept it but remain puzzled.
Hi

Our net contributions to the EU were £8.6 Billion for a year.

The Taxes collected from EU Clearing, Banking, Insurance and Services in the UK were just over £21 Billion a year.

We lose £13 Billion a year in tax, just by Service Companies moving headquarters to continue to trade in the EU.

It is not the end of the world, we will be free to develop trade deals with the rest of the world.

It will just take time to do so.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 02:43 PM

If you look at the whole amount yes its a lot but if you break it down to per head of the population it looks a lot different.

https://inews.co.uk/explainers/chart...much-get-back/
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 02:53 PM

Hi

If leaving the EU was solely about money, it would have been cheaper for England to stay in and and abolish the Barnett Formulae.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 02:59 PM

Well if wasn't about money for me that was one thing bothered me but not main thing by far.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 03:16 PM

Sorry if my post has led some on here to think that I was referring to monetary matters regarding the EU once we leave. I am more interested in the actual foundation of the EU and how it will effect the other hardhitters, Germany and France. once we have left.

We don't need to be told we may have a shaky road ahead of us in the UK, but.... surely Germany and France are going to find it even harder without us.With our leaving, it must be like a huge chunk being broken off. Where do they even start with discontented citizens who will be looking at the UK and thinking.."why haven't we got a vote?" hence my reasoning that unless Merkel plays it very carefully and doesn't become the big "I am". If she goes down that path she could be in danger of even more discontent, especially with the Southern countries such as Greece and Spain, whereas if she is too quiet with her actions for fear of being labelled a bully, then she is also in danger of far right parties in countries such as France, Germany, Sweden etc gaining an advantage. All of these countries are part of the Shenghen Agreement, a totally disastrous move which I believe is one of the main causes of the fall of the EU empire, along with the Euro.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 03:19 PM

It's true. Leaving the EU is not going to save us money.

Not when we continue to throw money at whingeing Scots, to say nothing of the millions we throw away in foreign aid, the majority of which seems to be spent on such things as the Indian space programme and East African pop groups.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 03:25 PM

I think they will miss our excellent intelligence facilities like those mentioned below if they try to shut us out completely ...
British intel 'tipped off' French over 'imminent' election terror attack as guns and bomb materials found
A tip-off from British intelligence led to the arrest of two men in Marseille, southern France, on suspicion off planning an "imminent" terror attack just five days before presidential elections, according to reports.

Guns and TATP-type explosives used in the Paris and Brussels suicide bombings were found in a subsequent raid, a source close to the inquiry told French media.

The two suspects, aged 23 and 29, were arrested on Tuesday morning by intelligence agents and elite anti-terror police in Marseille's 3rd arrondissement.

According to a source close to François Fillon, the conservative presidential candidate cited by Le Figaro: "The initial intelligence came from British services who are thought to have captured data on two individuals known to security services."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-presidential/

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top