Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
brenda_warf
New Member!
Barrie, Canada
brenda_warf is female 

18-04-2017, 12:11 PM

How botox can improve facial appearance?

Hey!! I'm 53 years old and my face looks more tired. Also, there are wrinkles on my face. I hate to see myself in the mirror.
I have researched about the wrinkles and saw that working out on the face, sleeping the wrong way and putting on makeup are the main causes of wrinkles. It's too late for me to change my habits. So I'm planning to [link removed] Any thoughts? I have heard mixed reviews regarding this procedure. Has anyone here undergone this procedure? I very much want to enhance my facial appearance. Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 12:55 PM

Re: How botox can improve facial appearance?

I value my wrinkles too much to mess with them, they mean I've lived and laughed a lot. Anyone with a smooth face in their fifties has either had work done of a blooming miserable time with no laughs IMO

We need to look at our faces as what they are not what we think they should be, appreciate our wrinkles as a life well lived !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 01:09 PM

Any thoughts? I have heard mixed reviews regarding this procedure. Has anyone here undergone this procedure? I very much want to enhance my facial appearance. Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks!!
Yes I have thought on the matter I am of an age when I am happy with my facial appearance wrinkles and all , it is me like it or not. If someone doesn't like my face that is there problem not mine.

No matter how much money I had I wouldn't want to go for any 'procedures' and end up with an immobile death mask which removed every trace of character from my face along with the wrinkles .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 01:12 PM

That's my point character, we should all be happy we have character and don't look like aliens, because that's all these procedures do.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 01:13 PM

Wrinkles are a part of a person's character and I wouldn't want to change that; otherwise we would all end up looking like The real wives of Beverly Hills.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 02:13 PM

Some posts have been removed from this thread - please treat threads in our serious sections with the respect they deserve. Facetious posts are not acceptable.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 02:41 PM

Im not vain enough to want it done...Ive even given up dying my hair because I think Im fine as I am and anyone who doesnt like me isnt worth knowing anyway but....

Ive read about injectables and they are not as safe or harmless or easy as they are made to sound. The substance that botox is made from is deadly in the wrong hands and if injected badly can cause serious problems so I wouldnt have it done.

Having said that I realise that the way a person feels about themselves has a huge impact on thier quality of life so if thats really what people wish to do with their money Ok, as long as it doesnt get OTT.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

18-04-2017, 03:03 PM

I dyed my hair a lot as a teen and into early twenties I almost forgot my original colour, it was always fashion for me not a way to look older or younger, I think that's why I haven't bothered now I've started going grey. I'm embracing the grey like I embrace my wrinkles.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 06:15 PM

Oh ... I thought is was a spammer's thread ...is it not a spammer?

In that case .... Brenda, if you're thinking of having done whatever it was in the removed link will you let us know how you get on and what you think of the results? I'd be curious to know.

Botox seems so drastic and at only 53 would these chemical and laser peels that strip your skin off be a better less invasive option?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Oh ... I thought is was a spammer's thread ...is it not a spammer?

Without doubt.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top