Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 09:00 PM

Re: How botox can improve facial appearance?

I think that if people want to have Botox, it is their own business entirely.
What suits one , doesn"t suit another.
Each to their own.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 12:16 AM

I think if you look after your skin from an early age, don't drink alcohol, don't smoke, eat lots of vegetables, get lots of sleep, keep out of the sun and drink lots of water, then you shouldn't need Botox!
I agree with UJ, Botox is poison, so why inject it into your body?!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think if you look after your skin from an early age, don't drink alcohol, don't smoke, eat lots of vegetables, get lots of sleep, keep out of the sun and drink lots of water, then you shouldn't need Botox!
!
I disagree slightly because although looking after your body is a good idea I do think if we as a society stopped thinking that all women have to be perfect like the air brushed models on TV and magazines then we would be happier and less inclined to inject poison and smear rubbish gunge on our faces in an attempt to live up to the impossible.

We live, we die, the journey between the two can only happen once , wrinkels and grey hair are just part of the proof of our progress.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I disagree slightly because although looking after your body is a good idea I do think if we as a society stopped thinking that all women have to be perfect like the air brushed models on TV and magazines then we would be happier and less inclined to inject poison and smear rubbish gunge on our faces in an attempt to live up to the impossible.

We live, we die, the journey between the two can only happen once , wrinkels and grey hair are just part of the proof of our progress.
Oh my goodness! I found your post rather depressing!
If l thought like that, l would just give up and die now!
It is not about perfection at all, it is about a happy medium. There are extremes in everything!
I will still colour my hair and still wear a sensible amount of make up on my well looked after skin, until the day l die!
Which is at about 117 years of age!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 04:10 PM

I'll tread carefully here and tippy toe through my post.

I think there's a certain age when women can risk looking like mutton dressed as lamb.
I saw one lady, from the back ... neat slim figure, jeans, high heels and a little leather jacket with curling blonde locks.
Then saw her face. It wasn't the wrinkles made her look a little grotesque. It was the parched dried skin and washed out alabaster colour and fallen in face folds.

In fact it was seeing her made me leave my own little jackets hidden in the wardrobe this year.
I'm on the lookout to find a decent anorak now... grey to match my hair.
My figure's still not bad and I still go in and out at the waist but the rest of the chassis needs some serious panel beating.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-04-2017, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'll tread carefully here and tippy toe through my post.

I think there's a certain age when women can risk looking like mutton dressed as lamb.
I saw one lady, from the back ... neat slim figure, jeans, high heels and a little leather jacket with curling blonde locks.
Then saw her face. It wasn't the wrinkles made her look a little grotesque. It was the parched dried skin and washed out alabaster colour and fallen in face folds.

In fact it was seeing her made me leave my own little jackets hidden in the wardrobe this year.
I'm on the lookout to find a decent anorak now... grey to match my hair.
My figure's still not bad and I still go in and out at the waist but the rest of the chassis needs some serious panel beating.
Morti, There's no need to pussy foot! The woman you described was to the extreme and wasn't enhancing herself but ruining herself. Less is more!
I will never grow old gracefully! Both my parents dyed their hair until they died!
I must say, my dad did look like a jackdaw after using Black Tulip on his hair!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 05:04 PM

Have to admit ... I've never dyed or tinted my hair in my life so it seems a lot of hard work to me.

I think blokes often wear better than women. Even have less wrinkles .. it must be that daily exfoliating they do everyday when they have a shave.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-04-2017, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Have to admit ... I've never dyed or tinted my hair in my life so it seems a lot of hard work to me.

I think blokes often wear better than women. Even have less wrinkles .. it must be that daily exfoliating they do everyday when they have a shave.
Really! So why do the men l have met that are the same age as me or, even younger, look so ancient?!!
I don't have hardly any wrinkles but l have been caring for my skin since l was 16!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

19-04-2017, 09:30 PM

I haven't seen you to compare .... but just in my own experience blokes I know have worn better than women in the wrinkles department.
Didn't mean to upset you. You sound kinda upset and indignant.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 09:35 PM

I think shaving and different amounts of oil men's skin secretes have a beneficial effect, my husband is two years older than me but looks about ten years younger. Always has, annoyingly

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top