Plaid Cymru 1 2.04%
UK Independence Party 7 14.29%
Green Party 3 6.12%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 07:15 PM

General election poll

I was wondering how representitive the political affilliations of the members of this forum are compared to the country as a whole, so I've set up this poll if you would care to vote, which we can then compare with the actual result in a few week's time..

By the way I have only included the mainstream parties so to anyone that will be voting for a less well known bunch then my apologies.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 08:57 PM

Re: General election poll

Apparently May is not getting the support she would like from some of her own colleagues, I believe this is more a vote of confidence for her future dealings with the EU. I would normally vote for UKIP, but on this occasion I believe it would be a wasted vote, so I will give Theresa May my full support.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 09:43 PM

Voted. And way out in front. Let's hope this is the result in June.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 10:11 PM

I'll be waiting to see which Candidates are standing for Election in my constituency and read what's in their manifesto before I decide.

In the past, I've usually voted for a local Independent Candidate who represents my views more closely than any of the main political parties. If the Independent candidate who stood in the last Election is standing again this time, I'll probably vote for him, although he hasn't a chance of winning.

If I had to vote for one of the main parties at present, it would have to be Conservatives because I don't think any of the others have a credible leader or any convincing fiscal policies. With the difficult Brexit job ahead, I think Theresa May is probably the best of the choices available in any of the Parties to see it through.

Whoever I vote for will make no difference at all in the scheme of things.
I could happily bet my life's Pension on which Party's MP will be returned from my rural constituency. It's been an ultra safe Conservative seat for more than a Century.
The last Election proved that the Tories can helicopter in any unknown Candidate from anywhere, with no experience of being an MP and no knowledge of this region, or of agriculture, and they will still scoop up a massive majority, with fifty five percent of the Votes.
It makes a mockery of the idea that our MP is in Parliament to represent his constituents. He is there to represent his Party.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 10:43 PM

I'll be interested to see the Tory manifesto. They will have to explain what it is they are really doing to the NHS.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 06:08 AM

I've just voted Conservative - reluctantly - in this poll

I've mentioned before that for years I voted Labour, then changed to UKIP.
I had hoped that after The Referendum UKIP would continue as a viable party, and I am both saddened and annoyed that they have not been able to do this, and have let a golden opportunity slip through their fingers

From reading posts on this thread and the other similar one about the GE in June it looks like I'm not the only one in this position
So it looks like, for the first time in my life I will be voting Conservative

I'm by no means a fan of the Conservative Party but it looks like they are the only people who will be able to continue and complete Brexit
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I was wondering how representitive the political affilliations of the members of this forum are compared to the country as a whole, so I've set up this poll if you would care to vote, which we can then compare with the actual result in a few week's time..

By the way I have only included the mainstream parties so to anyone that will be voting for a less well known bunch then my apologies.
Thanks Barry and my apologies to AnnieS, I wasn't aware a poll couldn't be added afterwards.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 09:06 AM

I'm a Labour Party member but reluctantly voting conservative because that's only guaranteed way out of eu. I don't trust any other party to get us out of it.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 09:16 AM

I too would normally vote for labour but where we live it is a wasted vote. I'm not even sure if there is a candidate any longer.

I will vote conservative but I hate to do it. I think labour will loose more seats this time.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 09:27 AM

I really think that voting UKIP now is a total waste, they have achieved all that they set out to and there is much we have to thank them for, but my feeling is that they should now disband and join the mainstream rather than pointlessly dilute the vote as they did in 2016.

So thank you UKIP, and goodbye...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top