Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 02:51 PM

The Utter incompetence of the NHS.

Hi

The EU has rules.

One of them is very, very simple.

Every EU Migrant working in another EU Country, or visiting is required to pay the full costs of any medical treatment they receive.

This is done by means of the EHIC,

The European Health Insurance Card.

So, when I swan off to Poland and need Medical Care, I present my card and the NHS pays for it.

This includes all the costs of paying the bill and the admin costs of getting that money back from the NHS.

It doesn't cover everything, some costs are different abroad, but it does cover 90% of them, the rest are covered by my Insurance.

Now, not many UK Citizens go to work or live in Poland. but there are a hell of a lot of Polish living and working here in the UK.

About 850,000, a vast number, none of which we charge for our NHS.

A loss of £Billions to the UK.

Who are the idiots here?

Our NHS Managers or the Polish?

The Polish Government is quite prepared to pay, they think we are idiots for not charging.

Annie has categorically stated that it is not worth the UK
Charging as Admin Costs are more than we can recover.

Absolute rubbish, all admin costs are fully recoverable under the system.

Hence my view that all NHS Managers should have their salaries and pensions cut unless and until they do their jobs and recover the Billions owed to us and this should be fully back dated for 6 years.

That is just the EU Migrants, we have more Non EU Migrants than EU Migrants.

The NHS also provides absolutely free medical care to the 600,000 or so illegal immigrants here in the UK.

These people pay nothing into the system.

The UK is not a charity, we should be detaining them as soon as they ask for treatment.

NHS Managers should be personally charged the full costs of such treatment, not the rest of us.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 03:00 PM

Re: The Utter incompetence of the NHS.

Well said, many of us have said similar for years sadly that's translated to anti immigrant feelings I some when it's not their fault but ours !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 03:06 PM

So why aren't the NHS charging them as every other country in the EU manages to do?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 03:23 PM

Hi

I have no idea.

What I do know is that I was banned from discussing these things with the NHS.

I was also banned from any meetings with the French.

Apparently diplomacy is not my strong point.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 03:31 PM

Probably because it's too much like hard work for them! We hear constant whinging about the NHS and how much the Tories are to blame for their demise, but the moment anyone mentions that they would have far more left in their budgets if they started to put their own house in order, all we get are hands up and exclamations of shock that they be asked to do such a thing.

They really make me angry. If it was a case of operating the NHS by the skin of their teeth after cutting everything to the bone and making charges where they should with overseas health visitors, I would be the first in the queue to back them to the hilt, but at present the NHS is nothing but a bloated, selfish and totally spendthrift organisation, run by idiots. If the people running the Hospital Trusts were in the private sector, they would have been sacked forthwith.

A bluddy good clearout is needed urgently, followed by the government making it law that every hospital and surgery charge anyone who is not entitled to be treated in this country (barring accident or sudden serious illness) for the treatment they receive. Until this happens, the whingers will continue to plead poverty because of the government, which is ridiculous.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 04:21 PM

Totally agree a good clearout is needed but not before the whole system of the NHS run by NICE which is so antiquated is updated.
To many times we saw the EU passing laws saying that EU member countrys should allow treatments and medications only for NICE to put a block on them saying the cost of saving lives or extending lives was to expensive.
Making EU rulings a total shambles imo and left us all wondering why we ever joined if we could not have the benefits the same as other EU countrys.
There is a cancer in the NHS and it needs to be treated soon and cut out before Government puts more and more money into this enormous black hole.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The EU has rules.

Every EU Migrant working in another EU Country, or visiting is required to pay the full costs of any medical treatment they receive.

So, when I swan off to Poland and need Medical Care, I present my card and the NHS pays for it.

This includes all the costs of paying the bill and the admin costs of getting that money back from the NHS.

It doesn't cover everything, some costs are different abroad, but it does cover 90% of them, the rest are covered by my Insurance.

Now, not many UK Citizens go to work or live in Poland. but there are a hell of a lot of Polish living and working here in the UK.

Who are the idiots here?

The Polish Government is quite prepared to pay, they think we are idiots for not charging.

Hence my view that all NHS Managers should have their salaries and pensions cut unless and until they do their jobs and recover the Billions owed to us and this should be fully back dated for 6 years.

The NHS also provides absolutely free medical care to the 600,000 or so illegal immigrants here in the UK.

The UK is not a charity, we should be detaining them as soon as they ask for treatment.

NHS Managers should be personally charged the full costs of such treatment, not the rest of us.
I couldn't agree more.

Unfortunately, I can't see for a minute the corrupt senior management going to any such trouble.

No, this needs to come from the government.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 05:09 PM

And they, the NHS, let down a lot of 'our' people, including my late OH.
I still feel really bitter about that.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The EU has rules.

Who are the idiots here?

Excellent post but totally wasted on here.

You should become an MP or at least spend your retirement printing this off and sending it to the People Who Matter, whoeveronearth they are.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 08:17 PM

Most Poles working here have an NI number. Once you have an NI number E111 no longer applies.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top