Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 12:58 AM

Re: Another fascinating thread

More another very poor title for a thread.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 06:02 AM

My first name ends with 'R', and my family name also ends with 'R'.
It just doesn't sound right to me when spoken together.
I think it would sound better if I drop the 'R' from Peter and call myself Pete.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
My first name ends with 'R', and my family name also ends with 'R'.
It just doesn't sound right to me when spoken together.
I think it would sound better if I drop the 'R' from Peter and call myself Pete.

Or why not just Plopsy for either one of your names?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 08:38 AM

Ive gone round in circles with mine, I've loved it when I was a child, hated it as a teen, was ok with it in my twenties, hated it again in my 30s and 40s but seem to have accepted if again now. I just wish Julie Andrews wasn't so popular when I was born.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Or why not just Plopsy for either one of your names?
I have thought about that too, but I don't want to be responsible for some people killing themselves laughing.
Mind you, dying laughing is probably one of the preferred options.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 09:00 AM

My primary school teacher called me Twink ( short for Twinkletoes) so most people at that school did too. When I went to senior school , everyone called me Diane, my real name, but my primary school; teacher still writes "Dear Twink" when he sends a letter to me.
I don't mind either!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
My primary school teacher called me Twink ( short for Twinkletoes) so most people at that school did too. When I went to senior school , everyone called me Diane, my real name, but my primary school; teacher still writes "Dear Twink" when he sends a letter to me.
I don't mind either!

An indication of my cockney heritage - I refer to all little 'uns as 'Twinkles'.
Amber63
United Kingdom West sussex
Amber63 is female 

20-04-2017, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I don't mind either!
How lovely that your primary school teacher is still in touch, I have a few teachers who still recognise me when I visit my hometown, but think it so nice that you have a friendship with yours.

I like my real name, Karla. I always thought it was Italian but found out that spelt with a K it is actually Austrian.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Amber63 ->
How lovely that your primary school teacher is still in touch, I have a few teachers who still recognise me when I visit my hometown, but think it so nice that you have a friendship with yours.

I like my real name, Karla. I always thought it was Italian but found out that spelt with a K it is actually Austrian.
It is lovely, but we were quite close and he used to invite me to his house to go for walks with his son. A few years ago he told me that he hoped his son and I would marry one day... but it never happened.
I have known him for 58 years and, as he is now into his 90's I feel that our friendship will not continue for many more years. I dread the phone call from his son
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Amber63 ->

Karla is a lovely name but so is Amber

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top