Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 06:01 AM

Re: Cake Smash

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
What a wicked waste of good food!!! - when we (my sisters and I) were infants, we were taught (and I still adhere to that lesson) NEVER to waste good food!!!
I agree with you there UJ ! There are hungry children living in the countries, where they do this, and they have probably never had a birthday cake or a party.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 02:00 PM

It's harmless . I'm sure the baby enjoys it almost as much as the parents .
My babies were very messy eaters at the best of times.
No cake would of been needed to create that sort of photo
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 02:32 PM

Not sure it is harmless, right from word go I've always insisted on no waste no throwing food etc. Just one time you laugh can undo weeks of teaching order.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Not sure it is harmless, right from word go I've always insisted on no waste no throwing food etc. Just one time you laugh can undo weeks of teaching order.
I can't believe any babies upbringing would be or has been jeopardise by a cake smash photo , after all it's a once in a lifetime .
Subsequent birthdays the child wouldn't fit into the cake smash age bracket.
As for waste what's one cake in a life time .
Maybe if we were young again we'd see it from a different angle. I think it's harmless ...daft maybe
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
I can't believe any babies upbringing would be or has been jeopardise by a cake smash photo , after all it's a once in a lifetime .
Subsequent birthdays the child wouldn't fit into the cake smash age bracket.
As for waste what's one cake in a life time .
Maybe if we were young again we'd see it from a different angle. I think it's harmless ...daft maybe

No, because if they do it once, they reason that it is possible to keep repeating it - learned bad behaviiour???
Ripple

26-04-2017, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
No, because if they do it once, they reason that it is possible to keep repeating it - learned bad behaviiour???
I don't believe that for an instant of a young baby...... if so the the reverse is also possible babies only taking once to to learn all sorts of different actions, No a baby learns by repetitive actions watching it's mother repeat things over and over not a one off I can't honestly see any parent regular smashing up cakes in front their baby. Babies when feeding themselves are very messy eaters , it least mine were
The age group that cake smash is aimed at the babies are only trying to feed themselves they are to young hence the awful mess ... they aren't trying to destroy the cake.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 09:59 AM

It's just one child and one cake, I didn't see any throwing of cake just one child getting very messy eating cake then having a bubble bath whilst a photographer captures cute pictures.

It's not my thing but it's a different way of recording a first birthday I suppose. I think my little grandson prefers to get messy with his pals though, Ruthio your idea of a party sounds perfect to me.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
It's just one child and one cake, I didn't see any throwing of cake just one child getting very messy eating cake then having a bubble bath whilst a photographer captures cute pictures.

It's not my thing but it's a different way of recording a first birthday I suppose. I think my little grandson prefers to get messy with his pals though, Ruthio your idea of a party sounds perfect to me.
Thanks summer, it was fun!
Eight adults and two little ones, baby whose birthday it was was sitting on mum's lap and was not let loose on the cake!!
But she did carefully reach out and remove several of the big chocolate buttons that were sticking out of the cake!
As you say babies are naturally very messy eaters...My grandson at three years old still loves to eat jelly with his fingers!!!!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top