Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 11:07 AM

Re: Corbyn

Corbyn in many ways is the true spirit of the modern 'snowflake' Labour Party. I'm sure that if the research was done, the vast majority of Corbyn's 'new' supporters amongst the Labour Party membership would be youngish middle class liberals equally wedded to identity politics and unlikely to know a working class person if they ever saw one. Labour politics used to be about protecting the working class. Nowadays, the working class tends to be regarded by Labour activists as the reactionary, racist, un-PC enemy of the 'snowflake' movement which supports everyone (except those who are white, male and heterosexual and therefore worthy of no sympathy at all).
It puts me in mind of the joke about two social workers walking down the road. In the gutter they see a man who has been beaten and kicked to death. One turns to the other and says, "Whoever did this really needs help!" and they walk on.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Corbyn in many ways is the true spirit of the modern 'snowflake' Labour Party. I'm sure that if the research was done, the vast majority of Corbyn's 'new' supporters amongst the Labour Party membership would be youngish middle class liberals equally wedded to identity politics and unlikely to know a working class person if they ever saw one. Labour politics used to be about protecting the working class. Nowadays, the working class tends to be regarded by Labour activists as the reactionary, racist, un-PC enemy of the 'snowflake' movement which supports everyone (except those who are white, male and heterosexual and therefore worthy of no sympathy at all).
It puts me in mind of the joke about two social workers walking down the road. In the gutter they see a man who has been beaten and kicked to death. One turns to the other and says, "Whoever did this really needs help!" and they walk on.
Hi

A great post to my mind.

I learnt my Politics from Harold Wilson, a man who had known what it was to be a child of an unemployed parent.

Very left wing, but a real grafter, you work hard for your employer, enough to pay your wages and 10% more because he is giving you a job.

You don't take any crap though, it is his job to look after you as well.

My father started out with nothing as well.

I had a photo of my Dad, with Harold Wilson, both getting Honorary Degrees, on the same day, for services to Industrial Relations.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 11:47 AM

I can't agree with mick as a labour member attracted back to the party by corbyn. I would fight for anyone low paid, on benefit etc I'm colour and sex blind in that way. Actually feel very sorry for low paid white males as I see daily what that's done to my husband.

I've been to a few local meetings I'm fairly typical around here I think of people alienated by Blair and now coming back to the party but I think a left biased party will always attract the young as generally they are more idealistic and less jaded by life.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 11:52 AM

Yes I am very young and so are all my friends.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Some interesting facts.

He was a little rich boy.

Private Prep School.

Fee paying Secondary, never had a real job in his life.
I might be wrong, but wasn't he the one who divorced his first wife over him wanting their child to go to a comprehensive school . She didn't want that, but of course in his capacity of 'activist', he couldn't be seen to have a child at private school.

He was raised in 'Yew Tree Manor' in a family of activists. What's good for us, is not good for you, attitude .

The man is not a politician, he's a weasel, an activist and a trade unionist, and his backers are from the Communist Party., Marxists, and Trotskyists. A band of robbers.
Strange how Andrew Murray, chief of staff of Unite's leader ,Len McCluskey has recently left the Communist Party in Dec. after many years to join the Labour Party, and follow Jeremy.

Too many 'Reds' of one degree or another in that party, and they are all hypocrits. Where did Diane Abbott send her children to school ? Yes, private fee paying school ! You got it, they denounce anything good that might benefit others, because 'the others' should not have choice, so far as they are concerned. Do as we say, not as we do !

Even Ed Millipede's Government was better than Corbyn's line up and that is saying something !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 12:03 PM

You can want best for your child and also for everyone else's I believe. If all kids could have our Grace's education I'd be a very happy person. But I can't put a stop to her for my principles is way I see it. That would make me a bad mum.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 12:11 PM

Corbyn is no Titus Salt.

I like that.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Corbyn is no Titus Salt.

I like that.
How about Titus Ducksarse?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsjgaGPU-PY
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
You made a joke Purwell. I like that too.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top