Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 12:24 PM

My Local NHS Trust

Hi

A complete and utter disgrace.

First of all a major coverup.

Hundreds of people exposed to asbestos contamination because legal procedures were not followed.

This was reported to Management who not only refused to do anything about it, but then illegally dismissed the employee who blew the whistle on it.

A total lack of concern for patients and visitors and staff, but completely committed to protecting their own well paid management positions.

The managers who carried out this outrage are still in place.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-33980916

This is the same Hospital Trust which was proved to be dumping babies bodies in the Incinerator and disposing of the ashes without notifying the parents.

Then we have it being the same Hospital Trust which has consistently amongst the worst in dealing with A&E admissions.

In January, some patients at the Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust ended up waiting 20 hours or more to be dealt with.
The hospital said the situation arose out of "incredibly high levels of demand", but none of those waiting 20 hours were "serious" cases.
In an open letter, the hospital's chief executive Simon Wright said: "It's a fact that our acute emergency service has been frail for some time. It is no secret that health budgets - nationally and locally - are stretched."

This being the same Hospital Trust which complains about lack of funding but which has never, once, asked any of my Polish friends for any sort of proof that they are entitled to free care.

Then things get worse.

There has a been as serious problem with maternity care, a significant number of unexplained deaths.

Those who complained heard nothing.

The explanation of the Hospital?

We did investigate, but did not involve parents or family members in these investigations.

Really?

How can you investigate and not ask questions of those involved.

The situation has got so bad that Jeremy Hunt has had to get involved.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...die-two-years/

It would now appear that there are more deaths involved which the NHS Trust did not declare.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...robed-10265960

This is so so wrong, and yet we keep going on about our NHS being the best in the world.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 12:28 PM

Re: My Local NHS Trust

For goodness sake does no-one ever get sacked these days....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 12:37 PM

Not in these huge public companies no, the cover ups are legend. It's a disgrace and IMO we need to take politics out of the system and have a conversation about how to put it right.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
For goodness sake does no-one ever get sacked these days....
Yes. The whistle blower who first reported the asbestos problem in 2012

A worker at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital told bosses he believed asbestos panels were damaged in 2012.

Project manager Les Small, from Wellington, Telford, told line managers he believed damaged material around some pipes was asbestos.

A month later when he raised the issue again and questioned why nothing had been done, he was dismissed.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 03:25 PM

Disgusting.

Do we not have laws in this country?

Is it not the case that we are all subject to the law?

So why do certain people continue to get away with breaking the law?
wabblewalk
surrey borders
wabblewalk is male  wabblewalk has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 05:35 PM

Well none of the council Executive Officers in charge get the push, if they do it's with full pay and a massive pension pot paid from council tax payers o
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by wabblewalk ->
Well none of the council Executive Officers in charge get the push, if they do it's with full pay and a massive pension pot paid from council tax payers o
Time for a revolution, I think.

Really. There seems to be a lot of corruption at all levels of government these days.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 12:46 PM

Hi

Just an update.

It is reported in the National and local Press that the number of incidents being investigated has now risen from 15 to 51.

The Senior Management of the Trust are still insisting they provide excellent care.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-04-2017, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Just an update.

It is reported in the National and local Press that the number of incidents being investigated has now risen from 15 to 51.

The Senior Management of the Trust are still insisting they provide excellent care.
I suppose that's easy for them to say, isn't it?

Perhaps we need something equivalent to OFCOM.

OFHOSP?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2017, 12:38 AM

Something is needed ! How dreadful for all of those parents and the girl who lost twins. . I find quite strange the remark of the medical director:

Dr Edwin Borman, medical director, said: "When I look at the perinatal mortality rate at our trust compared to the rest of the NHS, we are at an equivalent level to the rest of the country," he said.

Does that mean it's all ok and bad practice is not accountable ?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top