Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 05:56 PM

Re: Britain gave £4M aid to N. Korea

Still, not going to let the stupid woman get me down. Gave my love and attention to a Shepherd's Pie this afternoon and it is just about ready to come out of the oven, Golden with caramel tips and just bubbling on the corners. Bye for now!!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 05:58 PM

Shroppy ...it's a shame me and thee aren't 20 or 30 years younger.
We'd get into politicians and between us, as Prime Minister and Sidekick we'd soon sort this country out,.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Perhaps they're giving away all this money to countries that don't really need it in the forlorn hope that when we go round the U-bend they will be equally generous to us.
We are not going round the U-bend are we? You keep on telling us how wonderful post Brexit Britain is going to be.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 06:09 PM

Hi

She has no alternative but to backtrack on Freedom Of Movement for a few years.

The reality has sunk in, we need to train our own to do the jobs.

Nothing stopping her evicting all the illegals or slashing Non EU Immigration massively is there?

EU Workers come and go, often here for a few years and then go elsewhere

We need to train our own people to do these jobs.

This not Rocket Science, it just takes time and money.

We have a desperate shortage of HGV Drivers, we have unemployed.

Give them paid training to qualify.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm not impressed with her either.
There's still a big question mark over her .. she's riding high on the wave of been seen as Britannia piloting us out of the EU... nothing more as yet as she has no track record.

But ...
She wants to get her own mandate through and not be beholden to Cameron's.
Which. .yes, means no promise to keep the Triple Lock on State Pensions.
Or .. the Tories might backtrack on their pledge not to raise Income Tax or NI contributions.
Or .. there also seems some doubt over the pledge to keep immigration numbers down.

But .. we shall still blithely and generously continue to shell out billions for Foreign Aid.
Madness.

Gawd .. I could be tempted to consider voting Labour except Corbyn's such a pathetic limp lettuce leaf.
Actually, I suspect she may have driven some voters back to UKIP!

Whilst I have been a UKIP supporter, I think it is essential for we UKIP voters to give our vote to the Conservatives this time for obvious reasons.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Actually, I suspect she may have driven some voters back to UKIP!

Whilst I have been a UKIP supporter, I think it is essential for we UKIP voters to give our vote to the Conservatives this time for obvious reasons.
I voted UKIP, but I was going to vote Tory this time - tactical voting to keep labour out, as Corbyn is about as much use as a wet bus ticket.

However, after this, I may well vote UKIP again regardless. She's now lost some credibility with me.
I've always been against the foreign aid budget when we have our own living on the streets, pensioners who cannot turn on the heating....etc, etc.

The stupidity of Governments / politicians knows no bounds imo. I mean ffs - lets send millions to Pakistan each year for example. A known terrorist haven / training ground - nuclear programme etc!!

Stupidity in the extreme.
And how much of this money gets to those who need it any way? - it's rarely audited properly.

The amount of funds sent to Africa over the years for example, there should be a bloody water well every 20ft!!

I'm bloody seething tbh.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 08:40 PM

I, too, am seriously considering transferring my vote to UKIP again.

The woman has made a stupid mistake and I hope she reconsiders very quickly.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 10:51 PM

Hi

I am extremely disappointed in her decision not to seriously cut Foreign Aid.

It is an insult when we have so many here in the UK in need.

As for the rest of it, we knew that leaving was going to cost us money until we got new trade deals in place.

This will take several years to achieve.

We need to bridge the gap, we are already living well beyond our means.

The triple lock has to go and we need to raise more money through taxation.

That is just how it is, it is however stupid to give £Billions a year away in Foreign Aid.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 11:15 PM

Time will tell I suppose as I don't think they've sorted out their actual manifestos yet but I'm wondering if May has overestimated her popularity.
I've gone right off her.
I'll team up with UJ next if this keeps up.

Austerity to buffer the extortionate EU mafia-like demands are one thing and not entirely unexpected ... but to in effect say you want independence so pull your belts in but still fund a load of scammers (other than the EU) under the umbrella of Foreign Aid is a smack in the chops. That's the stick .. where's the carrot?

I wonder what the chances of another coalition government are ?
Unthinkable a week ago ...
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 11:35 PM

£4 million over 6 years is a drop in the ocean by anyone's standards in this day and age. '

Also , as I understand it, and I'm sure someone will correct me , the Dept. of the International Development Fund distribute some of the Overseas Aid, but a high percentage also goes to United Nations or another organisation for them to distribute, so all we hear and read may not necessarily be giving us the whole picture.
Plus, the UK made the commitment to 0.7% with EU, so until we actually leave we are duty bound to continue with the same percentage.
Press are press and they will dig any old sh1t to make a story for political persuasion or for sales.
We need to be watchful of the media or we could all be led up the garden path.
I didn't hear her say anything about the pensions regarding the triple lock, she was asked but did not reply to that part of the question, which agreed is not good but why do these reporters continue to ask dumb questions before any party has got their manifesto together.
Corbyn seems to be the only one making promises all over the place, prior to Labour manifesto.

So far as a coalition Government goes, the poison dwarf was talking about that and seemed to indicate that she wuld be interested with either Lab, Lib Dem or both, I it got the Tories out. I don't understand this as she's looking towards a referendum to leave UK and also to stick with Europe, so her words are somewhat confusing, and the thought of a coalition with all three together, well.........say no more.

This blinking internet keep dropping out and disconnecting every few minutes. It's driving me up the wall. Does anyone else have that problem ?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top