Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 06:12 AM

Re: Tory MP John Redwood Says We Don’t Need European Wine, Cheese And Cars Post-Brexit

Hi

Redwood is an idiot, as are others of his ilk.

British cars?

Well I suppose you have Aston Martin, Lotus and Morgan, the rest are foreign owned, the French have just bought Vauxhall, Nissan is also French.

The decision on whether or not hey stay in the UK is not in our hands.

Interesting little documentary on TV recently showing how an engine crankshaft goes in and out of the UK to the EU 4 times before it is finished.

If we leave without a deal, that is four lots of WTO Tariffs and 4 lots of paperwork.

Wine from the EU would be subject to a 32% Tariff, so yes, it will hurt the EU, but not a lot, most of the cost of alcohol in the UK is Tax.

Cheese, well we export a lot to the EU. so that is going to hurt us.

Once again it is going to be the paperwork which is going to hit us, loads of it for every single container we Export.

The problem is this.

We have been entangled with the EU for 40 years now, we use their standards and their paperwork.

The deed has already been done on this, much to the surprise of the Brexiteers.

The day we leave, we stop using the EU systems and standards.

That should come as no shock to any sane person, we have left, we have to either get our own or pay the EU to continue using theirs.

Boris and Co blithely assumed that we would just continue using them at no cost.

The same idiots, Boris in particular, assumed that we would continue to be a part of the 80 odd Trade Agreements that the EU have signed with other other Countries under WTO Rules.

A very quick response, the UK will no longer be part of the EU, so no longer a part of any of these deals.

Naff off and negotiate your own.

The WTO have accepted this, they have to, it is part of their rules.

When we leave, the EU loses a major donor of funds, they will recover this money and more from the UK.

We would do the same, why is anyone surprised?

The EU is struggling financially, it will struggle more when we leave due to the loss of our payments to the EU Budget.

They now have a golden opportunity to not only replace those lost funds, but to grab £ Billions more to fund the EU Project.

The would be mad not to take that opportunity, and whatever we think of them, Merkel and Co are not idiots.

A simple thing like moving Euro Clearing from London back to the remaining EU States will give them £20 Billion or so extra Taxes, so we save £8 billion or so net by leaving and they get that back plus an extra £12 Billion a year.

The big red bus anyone?

We save £350 million a week, let's spend it on the NHS?

A complete lie, we are going to get stuffed.

The sad thing is, all this was completely avoidable.

If Cameron and Osborne had put the plans in place and got all the systems ready before calling the Referendum, we would have had a couple of years of a bumpy ride, then quids in.

The arrogant gits did not, so we suffer, the ordinary people, not them.

Osborne is now off earning over £600,000 a year with his two jobs.

If Boris had kept his mouth shut and not referred to the EU as Nazis, they would not be so determined to punish us.

Is this an argument to stay in the EU.

Nope, I have no wish, intention or desire to stay in what has now become a complete travesty of what we joined up to.

Out we go, we will make a good go of it on our own.

My anger is directed against our bloody stupid Politicians who will lose absolutely no money themselves, but who have ensured that the rest of us will for the next decade, when, with a little bit of planning and realism, we would have had a short, sharp shock and then have been quids in.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 06:29 AM

Re: Tory MP John Redwood Says We Don’t Need European Wine, Cheese And Cars Post-Brexit

We should all adopt a positive approach to Brexit, if we want it to succeed. None of us are going to die if we don't get things from the EU, we just need to learn how to substitute other things.
Look on the bright side, if we don't import things from the EU, we will have less European lorries using our motorways....surely that will save money because there are motorway roadworks going on all the time.
Buy your cheese at a local farm, it always tastes better than the supermarket stuff!
Positivity usually breeds success!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 06:39 AM

The reason people don't is is that local farm stuff always costs an arm and a leg.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The reason people don't is is that local farm stuff always costs an arm and a leg.

And some of us don't even have access to farm shops!!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
If it is too expensive then do without it, people had to do that during the war! Maybe the prices would come down then!
We have all become too self indulgent, over the years, and want everything. During the war most people died from attacks by the enemy, not lack of food... and food was in short supply then.
I am sure we could all manage on British produce, if we had to, and maybe get the county's massive BMI readings reduced , in the process.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

22-04-2017, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
And some of us don't even have access to farm shops!!!
Well I am sure there will still be British cheeses at the supermarkets. For heavens sake, people are accepting defeat without trying to make Brexit work..... that is what will cause it to fail!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well I am sure there will still be British cheeses at the supermarkets. For heavens sake, people are accepting defeat without trying to make Brexit work..... that is what will cause it to fail!

Some of our 'home made' cheeses are just tasteless plastic - if I want Brie or Camanbert, I want Brie or Camanbert, not some local made plastic substitute!!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

22-04-2017, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Some of our 'home made' cheeses are just tasteless plastic - if I want Brie or Camanbert, I want Brie or Camanbert, not some local made plastic substitute!!!
And that is the sort of attitude that will make Brexit fail! If all food wasn't so readily available, maybe we would all lose a little weight, and reduce the NHS expenditure!
We all knew that leaving the EU would be difficult, but sadly I believed that the British people were up to managing the problems, like our forefathers had done in the past. It seems that current day people are not up to it and won't manage any shortages.
Little point in retaining the sovereignty of a proud country, if the population are going to behave like spoiled children!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If it is too expensive then do without it, people had to do that during the war! Maybe the prices would come down then!
We have all become too self indulgent, over the years, and want everything. During the war most people died from attacks by the enemy, not lack of food... and food was in short supply then.
I am sure we could all manage on British produce, if we had to, and maybe get the county's massive BMI readings reduced , in the process.
Hi

There is absolutely no way we can rely on or feed ourselves with British Produce.

If we even tried, it would mean Compulsory Rationing, forced labour on the farms

A great vote winner.

The reason we have we so many lorries on the road is simple.

We have sold off our manufacturing industries, it takes decades to rebuild them.

There needs to be a sense of reality here.

There would have been no need for all this if our Politicians, in particular Cameron, had not been so stupid.

In less than 2 years, if we are under WTO Rules, we go from 17 million Customs Inspections a year to over 300 million just to collect the tariffs we will rely on to pay our Bills.

We cannot do this in less than 2 years, we can do it in 4.

A simple lack of planning.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

22-04-2017, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There is absolutely no way we can rely on or feed ourselves with British Produce.

If we even tried, it would mean Compulsory Rationing, forced labour on the farms

A great vote winner.

The reason we have we so many lorries on the road is simple.

We have sold off our manufacturing industries, it takes decades to rebuild them.

There needs to be a sense of reality here.
The fact that a lot of our manufacturing industries died is because we were offered new things from different countries. Yes it will take a while to rebuild them, but we don't have to totally rely on EU food, much of our food comes from other countries. All I am demonstrating is that it will be difficult for a while, but if we all become pathetic whingers with no positive approach, leaving is destined to fail.
I am beginning to wish that I had voted "remain", if all British people are going to see the down side all the time, instead of fighting to prove that the leave vote was right.
I am surprised at your posts Swimmy because I thought that you were in favour of leaving, and had the understanding that we can only do that well, if we create a positive approach to it!
Criticizing past politicians will be no help at all, we have to work with the present situation!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top