Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 11:50 PM

Terror In Europe

Anyone else watch this tonight?

It pretty much showed what a shower of shite many of the EU countries are at counter terrorism. France & Belgium didn't fare well.
Many of the recent terror attacks in their countries should not have happened if they had pulled their fingers out and acted. Most of the terrorists were already known and on watch lists.

One guy put it quite well.....

"The EU member countries struggle to agree on the simplest of things, let alone something complicated like sharing intelligence"

The great open border policy? - yep, that works well. It's the lack of borders / border control that allows the terrorists to swan off to the East, buy AK's & ammo, then just drive back through all the countries with said items in the vehicles unchallenged.

It's a bloody shambles!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 12:07 AM

Re: Terror In Europe

BIG changes are about to transpire , I think. It is a load of balls, and whoever decided that there should be no borders, couldn't see further than the end of their noses.
We will never be able to see into a crystal ball and get the prophecy for30 years ahead even with all the brains in one pot. It's simply not possible.

These are all the things that were used as scare tactics for the 'remainers'. e.g, our security will be at risk because of not sharing our intelligence. Well, sorry to say but I think that was something else they got wrong. Belgium and France seem to be seriously bad at this, however we shouldn't be too over confident and complacent as we are not exempt from terrorist activities.

The arms are coming in from the Balkan States, and I imagine probably via Turkey . The glorious 'Globalisation' suddenly going up in smoke. Borders will be introduced again no doubt, but will the EU member states have to agree on that between themselves and change the Treaty, just like we are going to have to do with regard to other Treaties and pay for the privilege ?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
BIG changes are about to transpire , I think. It is a load of balls, and whoever decided that there should be no borders, couldn't see further than the end of their noses.
We will never be able to see into a crystal ball and get the prophecy for30 years ahead even with all the brains in one pot. It's simply not possible.

These are all the things that were used as scare tactics for the 'remainers'. e.g, our security will be at risk because of not sharing our intelligence. Well, sorry to say but I think that was something else they got wrong. Belgium and France seem to be seriously bad at this, however we shouldn't be too over confident and complacent as we are not exempt from terrorist activities.

The arms are coming in from the Balkan States, and I imagine probably via Turkey . The glorious 'Globalisation' suddenly going up in smoke. Borders will be introduced again no doubt, but will the EU member states have to agree on that between themselves and change the Treaty, just like we are going to have to do with regard to other Treaties and pay for the privilege ?
I doubt they would be able to agree on how to organise a bun fight in a bakery!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 12:35 AM

I may be thick ...granted

But I still can't see the correlation between the leaving of th EU and the lessening of any terrorist threat
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I may be thick ...granted

But I still can't see the correlation between the leaving of th EU and the lessening of any terrorist threat
It was the sharing of intelligence with regard to security and terrorism that they made the issues about, Rhian.

Presuming that the terrorist network stretched right across Europe in every country, which it does, so therefore pooling each countries knowledge into the same pot would be beneficial.

We can still do that, even when we leave the EU. Somehow I can't see Europe refusing.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

22-04-2017, 12:54 AM

It was the sharing of intelligence with regard to security and terrorism that they made the issues about, Rhian.

Presuming that the terrorist network stretched right across Europe in every country, which it does, so therefore pooling each countries knowledge into the same pot would be beneficial.

We can still do that, even when we leave the EU. Somehow I can't see Europe refusing.
Problem is though Puddle, they are so bloody useless / inept, that they quite often ignore, or don't act on the intelligence given anyway!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

22-04-2017, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Problem is though Puddle, they are so bloody useless / inept, that they quite often ignore, or don't act on the intelligence given anyway!
Could that be because they are so arrogant that nothing could match their own expertise, or do they just hate admitting failure ?

These are all the little things that make me cringe about what might be. If Mrs May does not get elected again, which is possible, then the whole kit and caboodle could be turned upside down. I believe she wants a 'Hard Brexit' so that we will get a good result. Go in for a 'Soft Brexit' and we'll come away with little more than David Cameron did when he tried to re-negotiate terms.
See that woman Gina Miller on This Week last night ? She is one big trouble maker and is continuing to be so. Grrrrrrr !
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

22-04-2017, 01:21 AM

Could that be because they are so arrogant that nothing could match their own expertise, or do they just hate admitting failure ?

These are all the little things that make me cringe about what might be. If Mrs May does not get elected again, which is possible, then the whole kit and caboodle could be turned upside down. I believe she wants a 'Hard Brexit' so that we will get a good result. Go in for a 'Soft Brexit' and we'll come away with little more than David Cameron did when he tried to re-negotiate terms.
See that woman Gina Miller on This Week last night ? She is one big trouble maker and is continuing to be so. Grrrrrrr !
Way more simple than that. They are just simply inept and seem unable to communicate internally, let alone externally as well.

Cameron and his negotiations? - yep, that was a laugh eh?
Asked for a slice of bread and came away with a crumb - utterly spineless cretin!

I think May will be tougher and will be prepared for a hard brexit if necessary.
The general attitude of the EU over all this, has simply reinforced to me why we should get out tbh. They are like kids spitting a dummy and having the inevitable tantrum.
They have revealed their true colours and shown their arrogance.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->

"The EU member countries struggle to agree on the simplest of things, let alone something complicated like sharing intelligence"
Exactly right. If they had concentrated on the important issues rather than vacuum cleaners and light bulbs, then maybe we wouldn't be leaving the EU.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 11:29 AM

Hi

There is another issue with Intelligence Sharing, especially with the French.

They cannot keep their mouths shut, particularly their Politicians.

After each incident, you then get a blow by blow account of how much we know about them, where we are looking for them, number of known associates etc etc.

The terrorists just sit in a room, watching TV and then deciding when and where to move to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top