Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 06:28 AM

Philip Hammond signals ditching of Tory 'no tax rise' pledge

Philip Hammond is now promising swingeing tax rises for the plebs!!!

I wonder how many will now keep their promise to vote for the scumbag 'nasty party' ???

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ot-raise-taxes
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 07:20 AM

Re: Philip Hammond signals ditching of Tory 'no tax rise' pledge

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->

I wonder how many will now keep their promise to vote for the scumbag 'nasty party' ???

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ot-raise-taxes
Hi

Really?

We always knew it would be a bumpy ride.

However if we vote for Corbyn, massive Tax Rises or the Country becomes Bankrupt.

He is a financial lunatic.

Exactly the same policies as Greece, where Pensions have been cut, let alone not increased.

A vote for Corbyn is a Vote for Poverty.

Into the hands of the IMF and the speculators.

No thanks.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Really?

However if we vote for Corbyn, massive Tax Rises or the Country becomes Bankrupt.

Exactly the same policies as Greece, where Pensions have been cut, let alone not increased.

No thanks.

If Hammond gets his way, you'd be best to hide away and say now't - because I will be reminding you and everyt other scumbag 'nasty party' voter what you've done!!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
If Hammond gets his way, you'd be best to hide away and say now't - because I will be reminding you and everyt other scumbag 'nasty party' voter what you've done!!!
Hi

When Corbyn gets in and two years later Pensions are cut by 20% I will be reminding you.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 08:02 AM

Well said swimfeeders☺
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Really?

No thanks.
Hmmmmmmmm

Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 08:28 AM

Somehow, forecast tells me that this General Election is about to become a bigger mandate for falling out (on here) than the referendum.

I'm waiting to hear why Unite have sacked one of their guys who was about to stand on opposition to McCluskey. and when McCluskey is likely to step into leader of the Labour party .
Len McCluskey, (ex Grammar School boy), is a despicable person and in his past life supported Militant Tendency. They brought Liverpool to it's knees along with Derek Hatton.
We must never forget what they are capable of and their packaging might change but the contents don't .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 09:10 AM

Really, I haven't heard Phil Hammond say anything about 'swingeing tax rises' when he has been speaking just a desire not to have his hands tied on tax decisions made by the Cameron government.

I also find it strange that people who said May had never been elected on any manifesto are now moaning that she has decided to have an election and have her own manifesto. There is no pleasing some people.

I was always one of the lowest paid and never minded paying my share of tax to support those who needed it . I didn't envy the wealthy many of whom provide jobs for the rest of us with their investment and spending .

I don't mind if my pension doesn't rise, we can't all have everything we would like, I will manage as I have manged all my life .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

22-04-2017, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Hmmmmmmmm

Hi

Yep, another bit of very selective facts, carefully tailored by an author with an agenda.

The NHS was started in 1948, we had a huge national debt at that time, after the war.

It was funded by the USA, extremely long term loans, we did not finish payments until 2006.

It was not funded by the International Money Markets and Speculators, so a complete false view of the situation.

Strangely enough, the USA insisted that we pay it all back.

The UK, on the other hand decided to write off a lot of German War Debt owed to the UK.

Not a good idea in my view.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 09:17 AM

No one likes tax rises because it affects us personally but if that's the way to rescue this Country then so be it. What I do strongly object to though is our money being squandered abroad.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top