Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 01:21 PM

Re: Philip Hammond signals ditching of Tory 'no tax rise' pledge

We don't have a problem though everything is hunky dory now we are leaving the EU.
Free beer tomorrow!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 01:25 PM

I'll drink to that.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
We don't have a problem though everything is hunky dory now we are leaving the EU.
Free beer tomorrow!
perhaps free beer will be in the tory manifesto replacing the pensions triple lock?
M.P.R. Ashford
Kent
M.P.R. Ashford is male 

22-04-2017, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Philip Hammond is now promising swingeing tax rises for the plebs!!!

I wonder how many will now keep their promise to vote for the scumbag 'nasty party' ???

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ot-raise-taxes
Are you completely stupid or just thick? Which is it.
Phillip Hammond has said nothing of the sort.
The Tax pledge which was given by George Osborne and David Cameron was "No tax rises during this Parliament", This Parliament is almost over, pledge kept.
Labour on the other hand have already said they will spend £50bn on investment etc, so where's that money coming from? Answer:- the majority of tax payers i.e. everybody. There aren't enough millionaires in the Country to raise that kind of money; so the middle income and low income earners will have to stump up and just as a spin off the lower paid will have get an increased income which in turn puts up the cost of everything which always costs jobs, another brilliant Labour idea; no wonder the Country is always bankrupt and unemployment is higher when Labour leave power.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 04:08 PM

Cor ...

I know I can be harsh but that was a little brutal.

Reckon I'll take a leaf out of Barry and others members book and give the serious threads a break.
M.P.R. Ashford
Kent
M.P.R. Ashford is male 

22-04-2017, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
If Hammond gets his way, you'd be best to hide away and say now't - because I will be reminding you and everyt other scumbag 'nasty party' voter what you've done!!!
Yes stupid Joe; I'm reminding you now; EVERY TIME LABLOUR LEAVE POWER THE COUNTRY IS BANKRUPT
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 05:20 PM

Sad but true .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 06:06 PM

The election will be a total Conservative whitewash imo.
The Labour party is done, it's time is over. The dumb populous gave Blair one the biggest majorities ever and soon after would realise just what a colossal mistake that was as "New Labour" turned out to be pretty much no different to conservative.

The "Gnome" is never going to rally together a country. Corbyn's refusal to step down will see the total decimation of Labour. The election will be one of their biggest defeats in history imo.

All that said, it is imo foolish for the populous to give any party such a huge majority that it has carte blanche to do anything. A conservative / UKIP coalition is the most likely result imo.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 06:00 AM

Seems the evil witch has echoed what Hammmond was saying and is refusing to deny there will be tax rises following the GE.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...-1472425957_uk
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by M.P.R. Ashford ->
Phillip Hammond has said nothing of the sort.
The Tax pledge which was given by George Osborne and David Cameron was "No tax rises during this Parliament", This Parliament is almost over, pledge kept.
Labour on the other hand have already said they will spend £50bn on investment etc, so where's that money coming from? Answer:- the majority of tax payers i.e. everybody. There aren't enough millionaires in the Country to raise that kind of money; so the middle income and low income earners will have to stump up and just as a spin off the lower paid will have get an increased income which in turn puts up the cost of everything which always costs jobs, another brilliant Labour idea; no wonder the Country is always bankrupt and unemployment is higher when Labour leave power.

Typical scumbag 'nasty party' sleight of hand. When the promise was made, Parliament wasn't due to be prorogued until 2020, so the promise could still be said to be holding, except that both Hammond and the evil witch have now reneged on it entirely.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top