Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 02:31 PM

I'm taking the pledge

The general election is seven weeks away yet which is four weeks too long a campaign for me, and I cannot see the point of arguing the parties individual manifestos, when the bl***y things haven't even been written yet!

So I hereby take the pledge not to argue in any political debate until at least the middle of May, so till then include me out....

See you on the other side...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 02:40 PM

Re: I'm taking the pledge

Oooh Barry, I DO like you - good man.

I wish everyone else would follow suit.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
The general election is seven weeks away yet which is four weeks too long a campaign for me, and I cannot see the point of arguing the parties individual manifestos, when the bl***y things haven't even been written yet!

So I hereby take the pledge not to argue in any political debate until at least the middle of May, so till then include me out....

See you on the other side...
The only problem with that Barry is you are giving some people carte blanche to post any old rubbish and to have it unopposed...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The only problem with that Barry is you are giving some people carte blanche to post any old rubbish and to have it unopposed...
It's a long race Meg, much will happen in the next four weeks and people will post their usual diatribe anyway, so I'm keeping my powder dry for the time being and I'll evaluate the arguments later on when they are current. Three weeks is plenty of time to put my thoughts forward, they'd be well stale if I started now and even I'd be sick of hearing them...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
It's a long race Meg, much will happen in the next four weeks and people will post their usual diatribe anyway, so I'm keeping my powder dry for the time being and I'll evaluate the arguments later on when they are current. Three weeks is plenty of time to put my thoughts forward, they'd be well stale if I started now and even I'd be sick of hearing them...
Barry I could listen to myself all day which is just as well when there is no one else here to listen except Chloe
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 03:17 PM

How apt....Clean sweep and Pledge
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 03:41 PM

I don't blame you. I get the feeling the country is going to descend into chaos and anarchy eventually with the rising tension. Le Pen's concerns about civil war on the horizon is no-doubt a foretaste of things to come here too the way things are shaping up. And they say leavers are the ignorant? Blimey, it couldn't be further from the truth.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

22-04-2017, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Barry I could listen to myself all day which is just as well when there is no one else here to listen except Chloe
Can't beat a captive audience...
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 04:29 PM

With statements like this from Labour, it's going to be a very amusing election race,

https://order-order.com/2017/04/20/d...2ed9-229966669
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
With statements like this from Labour, it's going to be a very amusing election race,

https://order-order.com/2017/04/20/d...2ed9-229966669
Hilarious yet worrying.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top