Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 06:47 AM

Re: Having a lay in

I am also an early riser and, like Barry, my pets would not allow me to be otherwise.
Mind you , a couple of weeks ago, I did get a lie in till 6.20 am ...what a treat!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am also an early riser and, like Barry, my pets would not allow me to be otherwise.
Mind you , a couple of weeks ago, I did get a lie in till 6.20 am ...what a treat!

What's a lay-in??? - was up and making my breakfast at 05.30 this morning!!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't think I'd fancy tea that had stewed all night Carol, I bet it wouldn't taste the same. I used to have one of those Teasmade' things years ago, I have a feeling they still make them don't they?
Used to have a Teasmade, what a racket, like sharing a bed with "Old Faithful".
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 07:40 AM

It's around 7.30 now and I've been up for two hours. That's the way it's always been for me through my entire working life. I have tried altering my body clock to coincide with winter/summer settings but to no avail. A wake up coffee first then a walk through Abbey Wood with Abby around 6.30 all year round.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 08:30 AM

Goodness me, it seems I am the only sleepy head here.
I've always been the same I think.
I remember Mum used to think I was getting ready for school, and in fact I'd gone back to sleep and I'd get told off.

As long as I am warm and snug, I am happy, and would often like to stay where I am a bit longer before the day gets into swing. Even if I don't sleep, I like a few minutes in peace and quiet to think, before the day begins. Usually my oldest pooch creeps up next to me, and I enjoy having a little 'special' time with her on our own too, without the youngsters messing about. She seems to appreciate it.

Rarely can I not sleep, but if that does ever happen, I just practice a bit of yoga breathing, and I'm off.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 08:40 AM

I don't have pets and now I'm retired only set the alarm if I have to be up early. I'm the one who gets up and makes coffee and then bring it back to bed, watch the news and catch up with what's been happening on the laptop. I like to be up, showered and dressed by 9.30 though!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I don't have pets and now I'm retired only set the alarm if I have to be up early. I'm the one who gets up and makes coffee and then bring it back to bed, watch the news and catch up with what's been happening on the laptop. I like to be up, showered and dressed by 9.30 though!

Ooh no Val, I wouldn't have a telly in the bedroom, that would be invade my little bit of peace too much.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Used to have a Teasmade, what a racket, like sharing a bed with "Old Faithful".
My late OH always fancied buying a Teasmade ... I could never see the point. Seemed like a lot of hard work, extra clutter and washing up !
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 09:11 AM

I just go with the flow. When I have CERTAIN 'stuff' to do and I'm energised I'm up at the crack of dawn but otherwise eh no. Only just got up with a tight back. Looking around at OTHER 'stuff' I'm supposed to do today I may as well go back to bed as I know I won't do any of it .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 09:44 AM

I only set the alarm if we are going somewhere or I am expecting a parcel to be delivered. I do find though that with the light mornings, we tend to wake up about half six anyway.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top