Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 11:48 AM

Re: St Georges Day

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Does one really need to have a username of a murderous bastid?

Your comment does not surprise me though....never have I met anyone that is as treacherous as you.....you should be shot at dawn though, this lunchtime would be better..
That made me laugh out loud.

HAPPY ENGLISH DAY everyone.

Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 12:16 PM

A day we dont forget its the day my father in law passed away.

8.25 pm surrounding by his wife and children at home on his own sofa just the way he wanted.
A pain in the behind, an habitual overstaying visitor and a opinion on everything he was dad, grandpa and always there for us.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	13012825_10208122382990625_6394721914546680408_n.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	2892  
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Uncle Joe for Christ sake put a sock in for once you miserable person.

Urinate elsewhere!!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Urinate elsewhere!!!
UJ, Why do you feel the need to spoil others celebrations of St Georges day? Some of us feel proud of our country and enjoy sharing our pride with other like minded people, so why do you need to spoil that?
I totally disagree with your political views, but I still wish you well with all your health problems. Would it really hurt you to allow us to happily share our celebrations, even if you don't agree with them?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
A day we dont forget its the day my father in law passed away.

8.25 pm surrounding by his wife and children at home on his own sofa just the way he wanted.
A pain in the behind, an habitual overstaying visitor and a opinion on everything he was dad, grandpa and always there for us.
A great photo Cass. I can see from that picture that he was a character. Aren't they always the ones that are missed the most though.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
UJ, Why do you feel the need to spoil others celebrations of St Georges day? Some of us feel proud of our country and enjoy sharing our pride with other like minded people, so why do you need to spoil that?
I totally disagree with your political views, but I still wish you well with all your health problems. Would it really hurt you to allow us to happily share our celebrations, even if you don't agree with them?
I wasn't spoiling it - someone else did that - I merely raised the question why we need a 'patron saint' which was foisted on us by the Catholic church who had no connection with the British Isles whatsoever and that there were other more worthy names throughout our history who are far more emanently suitable.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 12:52 PM

Can we stop arguing??-I want comments on my dandelion wine and my Pale Ale
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 01:37 PM

Thank you Apricot! Other UK countries always celebrate their Saint's day but we in England don't do enough about it, so some people aren't even aware of it.
I would love to see more celebration of St George's day.
So would I. We make more fuss over 'Yorkshire Day' on August 1st than we do of poor old St George !
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Why do we need to celebrate the day of a Turkish-Romano Centurion reprobate foisted on us by the Catholic Church, someone who probably didn't even know that the British isles existed, far less visited???
If Jezza gets voted in .. he has promised more bank holidays, we will have,
HAMAS day
IRA day
Cuba day and
Carl Marx day

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 01:39 PM

St George may be just a token figure, but celebrating his day would show pride in our country and teach children to follow the same example. Some of us are proud to be British!
Well said, Twink, I am not British but I agree with the sentiment.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top