Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 09:18 PM

Re: Four new Bank Holidays in the pipeline

It's the smaller companies and self-employed that supply home services that will be hit hard.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 09:37 PM

Hi

It is just another General Election, with the main parties being prepared to say anything to win.

We will be promised the earth and bribed with our own money.

Any thing the winners fail to deliver will be blamed on unforeseen circumstances, changes in the world economy or the previous administration lying about the finances.

They will have been misrepresented by the Media.

The one thing that you can be sure of is that not a one will accept any failure to deliver on the promises, it will be nothing to do with them.

In a few years time we will have another election and exactly the same will happen again.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 07:49 AM

Of course you are right Swim but I think Corbyn is being more blatant about it, he will be asking us to vote for Christmas soon. I just hope people are not swayed by empty promises.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Of course you are right Swim but I think Corbyn is being more blatant about it, he will be asking us to vote for Christmas soon. I just hope people are not swayed by empty promises.
Hi

Astute as ever Julia.

I agree totally.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
It's the smaller companies and self-employed that supply home services that will be hit hard.
How does that work they can take the bank holidays out of holiday entitlement and know exactly when people will be taking time off.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

24-04-2017, 09:48 AM

Hi

The people who will pay for this are the most vulnerable in Society.

Home Care is provided for, at least Locally, on Zero Hours Contracts.

We are already in a situation where many of our elderly get only 15 minutes a day to get them up, bath and toilet them and put up a meal for them

If you are on zero hours, it makes no sense at all to work extra Bank Holidays.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
How does that work they can take the bank holidays out of holiday entitlement and know exactly when people will be taking time off.
Because they'll lose the days...don't work, no pay.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 10:09 AM

Because they'll lose the days...don't work, no pay.
Seems to me like bad management, if they treated staff better they would get loyalty.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

24-04-2017, 10:26 AM

Self-employed, Julie....how can you pay if you don't earn?

Loyalty doesn't come into it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-04-2017, 10:32 AM

Self-employed, Julie....how can you pay if you don't earn?

Loyalty doesn't come into it.
If you become self employed as my husband had to at one time it's hard but that's a choice you make. The laws on employment protect and cover workers, that's as it should be. If self employed don't like that of want protections the employed get they can work for a company as an employee and get it all too, nothing stopping them do it but I think there must be reasons they don't, they are getting something out of self employment. My husband brought home more money as self employed and paid less tax etc but he's happier employed with a boss making decisions. He made the leap back into employment.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top