Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 03:59 PM

So Who Is The "Nasty Party"?

Just been reading an article in the Sun today by Tony Parsons. Certainly makes one think! According to one poster on here, the Tories are the “Nasty, Scumbag Party”. But after reading below, Tony Parson believes that it is the Labour Party who should be wearing this mantle around their necks. Judge for yourself. Do you agree or not?

The British working class and the Labour Party will part company forever on 8th June 2017.
The working class has been in an abusive relationship with the Monster Raving Labour Party for years. Labour despises the instinctive patriotism of our people.
Labour loathes our deep and abiding national pride. Labour has a funny turn if anyone mentions immigration.
And most importantly of all, Labour detests the aspirational dreams of the working class.

Deep in our blood and bones, you and I know that the average man and woman wants to work hard and get on in the world and give their children a better life.
The working class don’t want - and have never wanted - handouts from our ruling elite. We want a hand-up - good schools for our children, dignity in old age for our parents, a chance for our sons and daughters to get on the housing ladder if they are prepared to put in the graft.

But Labour sees the working class as helpless, witless victims.

Jeremy Corbyn reacted to Theresa May’s announcement of a snap election with a platitude about the NHS. As though the British people all get up in the morning and shuffle down the local A&E or some GP’s overcrowded surgery.
As though we have no identity outside the caring arms of the National Health Service, as though we are a sickly, diseased bunch relying on Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbott to bring us a bunch of grapes. That is not a sign of Labour’s compassion. It is a mark of their contempt. The greatest myth in British politics is that Labour occupies the moral high ground.

When I was a lad, nobody I knew in my little corner of Essex would have dreamed of voting Conservative.
That has finally changed with Theresa May.
Cameron, Osborne and the rest of the chinless chumocracy confirmed all my parents’ suspicions about Tories - that they were soft, rich, out-of-touch toffs, smugly incompetent at their jobs.

But the landscape has changed with this Vicar’s daughter as our Prime Minister.
May exudes the patriotism, courage and respect for democracy that our country desperately needs as we prepare to leave the EU.
Whatever part of the country you are from, and whatever your parents did for a living, May looks like she is firmly and forever on the side of the British people.

My parents never voted Tory in their lives. But voting Tory is no longer a betrayal of your working-class roots.
If you come from the kind of background where people had jobs and not careers, then voting Labour is an act of self-loathing.

Nobody should be in doubt that the Labour Party despises the ordinary men and women of this country. It is the only thing that unites Labour.
You see Labour’s hatred of the working class in Tony Blair’s withering contempt for the result of the EU Referendum. When 17.4million of our people voted for an issue in the kind of overwhelming numbers that we have never voted for anything - including Blair.

Yet Labour still firmly believes that the 17.4million who voted for Brexit are ignorant, racist bigots - which is a bit rich coming from a party riddled with anti-Semitism.
Labour hates our guts for the crime of loving our country and the sin of wanting it back.

So Labour richly deserves the Red Wedding of General Elections that is coming their way.
Because if you are a son or daughter of the British working class, then it is Labour who are the nasty party now.

UNQUOTE.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 04:08 PM

Re: So Who Is The "Nasty Party"?

Whole heartedly agree. A man after my own heart.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 04:12 PM

I think he is talking out of his arse as usual.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->

Because...?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
Whole heartedly agree. A man after my own heart.
Second that Moyra.

Well to quote the old saying "It takes one to know one, and I don"t recognise you".
Excuse me, I am popping off to watch paint dry
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 04:24 PM

Not a nice thing to say about UJ
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 04:57 PM

That evil bitch thatcher (phth, phth,phth) attempted to destroy the working class, firstly by destroying the industries that spawned them, then by bribery (remember the sale of council houses???) and finally by the attack on their working class institutions (the Trade Unions) and declaring solidarity action illegal.

Since the article emanated from the 'Sun' - I wouldn't believe a word written in it - the only thing that rag is worth using for is to tear in strips and hang on a nail in the khazi!!!
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 05:14 PM

I agree with most of what Tony Parsons says about the Labour Party, BUT - his remedy (voting for May) is insane. The Labour Party has been transformed by Blair and the middle-class "intellectuals" who run the party into nothing more than a Tory party with a 'caring' mask. None of the existing political parties offer anything positive to working class people - Tories, Labour and Limp-Dems are fingers of the same glove. As the old anarchist slogan had it, "No matter who you vote for, the Government always gets in!"
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 05:32 PM

No matter who you vote for things can only get worse! Bring back Nigel he hasn't finished the job yet!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 06:05 PM

Hi

I have been in the game, as an officer for a long time.

What frustrates me the most is the phenomenal amount of Public Money when we get a new political party in charge, be it at National or Local level.

All Political Parties have some good ideas, however as soon as the Politicians change their first priority is to dismantle and change whatever the previous lot did.

There is absolutely no long term planning so that things get better for the average person

Billions are wasted in cancelled computer systems, defence contracts and the number of times the NHS has been reorganised for purely political reasons is absolutely stupid.

I once had a team working on a regeneration project, thousands of new jobs, upgrading run down homes and schools, new medical facilities.

Everything was in place, it had taken 3 years to get it organised and the funding organised.

It was scrapped when their was a change of Political Control.

The new administration wanted a new scheme in one of their areas to get more votes at the next election.

Other Countries do not seem to have this stupidity, they have long term plans.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top