Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 09:44 AM

Re: Macron VS Le Pen

My first thought on the prospect of Macron winning was that it would not be very helpful to those of us who want a rapid and sensible departure from the EU.
However, Macron was I understand a banker and a businessman and he may be more amenable to a good trading deal for the French than some career politicians in EU parliament are. The prime concern of many there is a feel to ensure their own survival and continuing power.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 10:56 AM

Le Penn is the French National Front party, would we here vote for the British National Front party, or the BNP which was founded by members of the National Front party.

They are extreme parties and even if we (the UK) might gain fractionally from a Le Penn Government , I actually think it's more worrying that a win could give rise to anarchy. We don't need that with our next door neighbours.

I would in fact like to see her win from the point that the major players would have to start stepping up their commitments to their people, instead of champagne and vol au vents all the way as they secure deals for everyone else behind closed doors, but the implications are serious in my opinion and we wouldn't want the BNP or the BNF forming Government in the UK, for reasons we all appreciate .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 11:14 AM

Although I'd like to see Le Penn win, as it would benefit our country, I have a feeling that the Frogs will vote overall for remaining in the EU.

They do, after all, benefit from membership far more than we do and, as a country, they must feel a certain amount of power within the EU even if the real power lies with Germany.

The Vichy government felt the same way seventy-odd years ago.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 11:21 AM

Hi

The difference is this.

French Politicians will do whatever is best for France.

Our Politicians will do whatever is right for themselves.

Whoever wins, the Calais Agreement about Border Controls is toast.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 11:48 AM

Swim, now that you are retired do you ever write to your MP to express you dissatisfaction with their performance?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I think a Le Pen victory would be better for the UK so I hope she wins. I know very little about Macron he really has sprung from nowhere can you imagine a party just one year old being elected here?
I agree with you there summer, le pen is anti eu I think we could work with her, he's pro eu and would join with Germany to form a block against us.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Swim, now that you are retired do you ever write to your MP to express you dissatisfaction with their performance?
Hi

Nope, would not waste my time.

He has absolutely no interest in what any pleb thinks.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope, would not waste my time.

He has absolutely no interest in what any pleb thinks.
What a shame! I like to give my MP a chance to prove their worth, so I let her know when something appears to be wrong. Her reactions to my complaints have proved very worthwhile, so much so that she has won my vote this time.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 09:15 PM

How odd. Le Pen has stood down as the head of the National Front and has chosen to go it alone. I don't think she has much of a chance whatever she does. There is too much unrest in France for any party to quell in my opinion. Best of luck to them.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 06:47 AM

Macron comes across as a Gallic Blair - all spin, smarm and glutinous slime - prepared to support the failing EU and its corporate paymasters in maintaining their power.
Le Pen, by comparison, despite her party's very dodgy past, seems pretty honest. Politically, a Le Pen victory would aid the UK's departure from the EU no end, so, despite her dodgy political past, I kind of hope she wins.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top