Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 01:55 PM

A bit odd?

Something odd happened this morning.

I was walking my pooches when I saw a small circular patch of burnt grass. It wasn't big enough to have been a bonfire, it was only about 12" across. I thought it looked like someone had gone out of their way along this path to burn something specific.

While I was musing about this pile of ash, I heard a mobile ringing, but no one was there, just me and the dogs.
I couldn't work out where the sound was coming from and by the time I realised it was coming from somewhere down an overgrown bank of brambles, it cut off again.

I could see nearly to the bottom of the banking, and definitely no one was there, but a working phone was although I couldn't see it. I daren't climb down there incase I couldn't get back up again.

What had been burnt, and who's phone rang? Spooky. . .

Just to round off my morning nicely, now I have the police helicopter hovering above my house again too!

They don't call me Mupsy Marples for nought.

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 02:22 PM

Re: A bit odd?

I think I have the answer Mups! Escaped criminals were hiding there and had spent the night where the burnt grass was. The small fire had offered a little heat and enabled them to cook some food... probably sausage sandwiches made from the shop lifted bread and sausages they had stolen earlier.
They saw you approaching, so struggled down the embankment, to avoid you seeing them. At that moment the person assisting their escape phoned to say he was on his way to pick them up.

I just hope you didn't leave anything that could be DNA tested, or you could be arrested for aiding and abetting their escape.
Don't worry I will act as your alibi, saying that you had been at my house all night!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 02:26 PM

I think it's that gertie got out over night had a bonfire party and her friend left a phone behind. Helicopters are looking for the young madam. Better hide her !
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think it's that gertie got out over night had a bonfire party and her friend left a phone behind. Helicopters are looking for the young madam. Better hide her !
I have always thought that Gertie could be a criminal Julie.... look how young she was when she learned how to steal strawberries. Mind you, other members of the family have been known to discreetly remove bacon from peoples sandwiches.
I am now worrying about where the things she hoards in her bed have come from..... they could have been stolen from peoples gardens
Poor Mups, whatever the explanation, I expect she will be prosecuted.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 02:52 PM

I suspect the small circle was where a small alien craft had landed..the phone was ET trying to ring home ..or something
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 03:03 PM

Oh No. Now you're scaring me now ladies.

It never occurred to me Gertie was handling stolen goods! Nellie would be delighted of course - probably her started it all and then got Gertie involved, who is too naive to realise what she was getting into.

I confess it wasn't only the bacon from my sarnie, or the strawberry saga either, someone also slid a slice of chicken off my plate too and I only turned my back for a second, to pick the phone up.

Mind you, they know they are not allowed to play with matches, so I'm sure the peculiar fire and ash was nothing to do with them, and I did wonder if the phone was ringing from down a rabbit hole in the banking?

Having all these theories doesn't help if there really was a crime committed though. What if it had been a murder and that phone held important evidence?
Whoever was ringing it, must have been trying to find someone. . . . perhaps someone who hadn't come home last night . .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-04-2017, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I suspect the small circle was where a small alien craft had landed..the phone was ET trying to ring home ..or something

Rehab, that is a very plausible theory, I wish you'd have been there, you might have been able to get the phone.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 03:07 PM

On a more serious note it can't do any harm to let the police know if may be lost or stolen and someone may want it back.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-04-2017, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
On a more serious note it can't do any harm to let the police know if may be lost or stolen and someone may want it back.

Well I thought it odd that whoever was ringing it, couldn't have known it was down a ditch. And where was the phone's owner??

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

25-04-2017, 03:17 PM

Mups. I can only suggest you advise the police that you are running a probationary home for naughty Bedlington terriers, but you have to get a little sleep in the evenings. Perhaps they could offer a good looking policeman to guard them whilst you sleep, and I am sure you would be happy to provide him with breakfast.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top