Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 05:03 PM

Re: Family problems could actually make me swear !

Hi

The other thing I worry about Julie is that if you take her in and it causes problems, it could possibly affect the adoption?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The other thing I worry about Julie is that if you take her in and it causes problems, it could possibly affect the adoption?

I just said that.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 05:12 PM

Adult Social Services should be dealing with this.
My sister is similar to yours, I had to have counselling because she got me so upset and anxious. I was told that she's an adult and not my responsibility, things got so much better after I stopped having anything to do with her.
Family members like than can make you ill Julie, you need to step back and let someone else deal with it all. It's hard but once others see you're not going to take responsibility they soon step up to the plate.
Be strong, you have your family to look after and look after yourself.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 06:04 PM

Julie ... take Tessa's advice she's been there, done that and may even have the (Steampunk ??? ) t-shirt !!!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 06:27 PM

If you watch the hoarder programmes on TV you'll notice most of those nearest them are feeling guilty about not helping enough and the hoarders have a certain way of talking and behaving that piles it all onto how others make them feel.
If you're like me, Julie, you'll always feel you haven't done enough, it wears you out.
There's always the fear that they'll do something stupid. My sister keeps telling the family that do still contact her, that she wants to go to Dignitas, knowing they'll tell me.
You have to make your own mind up, if something did happen I would hate it to be because of my advice.
Hope it all works out x
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 08:42 PM

Well Steven has unusually for him put his foot down, he rarely I've ever uses a telephone but he actually rang ss and gave them no way to misunderstand exactly what he was thinking about putting this problem onto us. Threatened if they allowed her to get so out of control there may be a law or two broken. I sat back and couldn't close my mouth in amazement ! So no she won't be coming here and we aren't clearing her house out either this time, that I do feel very guilty about but he's had enough and says we've taken on enough already

Nathan just can't stop laughing his dad the tough guy
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 09:39 PM

Well done Steven

The main deciding factor in this awful situation is how it will affect Grace and she has been through enough trauma in her life without her having to see first hand what her Grandma is like and the disruption she would cause if she did move in with you. It sounds as if Nathan fully supports Steven's intervention.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 09:42 PM

I think he has made the right decision Julie.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well Steven has unusually for him put his foot down, he rarely I've ever uses a telephone but he actually rang ss and gave them no way to misunderstand exactly what he was thinking about putting this problem onto us. Threatened if they allowed her to get so out of control there may be a law or two broken. I sat back and couldn't close my mouth in amazement ! So no she won't be coming here and we aren't clearing her house out either this time, that I do feel very guilty about but he's had enough and says we've taken on enough already

Nathan just can't stop laughing his dad the tough guy
Fantastic Julie

Well done Steven and YOU

Now just stick with it. Do not weaken or we'll all come round and hug you to death
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 07:32 AM

The right outcome Julie.

I agree with everything that Swimfeeders has said.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top