Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 08:42 PM

Re: The ducks in the garden pond again...

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Think they have found a safe haven Pesta, sit back and enjoy. The poo will provide some nutrients for plants and beasties.

Really Nom? You sure it'll be ok?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 08:45 PM

We must agree to disagree-any pond smaller than a small lake will find the poo just too much and if you wish to see rape then so be it.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Really Nom? You sure it'll be ok?
It happens in every pond , lake, and river. Pesta, only a problem if they are in real numbers. They must like what you have provided,, and yes they will eat your tadpoles, but tadpoles dont live on air and as frogs they will devour there fair share of wild things.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 08:57 PM

Thanks both of you for your input....in my heart although I find it quite nice that they frequent the pond, not sure about it at all. I mean what if they had a spread of ducklings. I'd panic and see in my minds eye the cats or foxes getting to them and there would be blood everywhere

I really am confused as to why they keep arriving when there's proper habit for them literally a stone's throw away

With any luck they will put my mind at rest and find somewhere else

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top