Join for free
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 07:39 AM

The Last Whites of the East End

I watched this last night, about how the increase in immigration has made many traditional working class people from east London leave the area

They feel that multiculturalism doesn't work, and they are 'strangers in their own country'
I would think that goes for a lot of other towns in Britain too
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 07:50 AM

Re: The Last Whites of the East End

You can't run away from them there in every town! Even the first immigrants who are now elders have families here that are British Citizens. I've just moved away from one of the largest immigration towns into a semi rural area. But when i go to the new town shopping they are still the same faces of immigration shopping with you. It needs stamping out altogether!!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 09:11 AM

I watched this programme last night and found it an eye opener .
The white residents moving out to Essex ,I wondered how long before Essex became the same as East End ..
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I watched this programme last night and found it an eye opener .
The white residents moving out to Essex ,I wondered how long before Essex became the same as East End ..

Yea well we is like moving out,know what I mean? And we made a pile of dosh from selling so I can afford new tits-Essex here we come.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 10:37 AM

In early 73 I worked on many of the new pipelines and upgrades for Natural Gas in the East End amongst other places and the ethnic population had changed considerably since 1970 when I lived and worked in London and had friends and work mates in the East End.

We were using radioactive isotopes or x-ray equipment at night and had to cordon off areas for public safety but we used to get scores of people who didn't even speak English, let alone read it so the Police Controller told my company that we had to get signs in 5 of the local languages, English being the minority language!

Even then, we got the ones that couldn't even read their own language. stevmk2
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 11:02 AM

I don't mind what colour their skins are but I object to them expecting their religious laws to be respected. What they do in their own homes is their business, but out in the street they have to understand that this is Britain and only British laws can control how the public behave.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I don't mind what colour their skins are but I object to them expecting their religious laws to be respected. What they do in their own homes is their business, but out in the street they have to understand that this is Britain and only British laws can control how the public behave.
So you wouldn't mind being the only white English born person in your street and your child was only one of 3 white English born children in the class ..?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
So you wouldn't mind being the only white English born person in your street and your child was only one of 3 white English born children in the class ..?
Not if they integrated. I have no colour prejudice providing they live by our laws and are not nasty or aggressive.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top