Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2016, 10:29 AM

Re: Yet another welcome policy from Corbyn's Labour Party

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
It's the normal done thing Tpin. There's an assessment centre near where Mr M does work ... so he gets to watch them coming and going.
They all run up and down a nearby embankment so they're out of breath before they hobble in.
Ha ha ha ha !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2016, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Are you that naive?
You seem to be taking this rather personal.

Ive seen it, with my own eyes.
Many a Blue Badge holder running from their car to the shop in heavy rain.

Are you telling me they couldn't do a desk job?

Carrying boxes to a car..... Desk job?

I've seen a lad who was affected by Polio climbing scaffold to lay bricks, if he can do it.....

Some use disability as a reason not to work....they are the ones who should be identified.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we've all seen the same tired old stories emanating either from the BBC, or Channel 4 which have, over the past six years, demonised the sick, lame and disabled just so they can support the Government's attack on the disabled benefit systems.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2016, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Ha ha ha ha !
So you think the fact that sick disabled people being hounded is something funny.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2016, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yeah, yeah, yeah, we've all seen the same tired old stories emanating either from the BBC, or Channel 4 which have, over the past six years, demonised the sick, lame and disabled just so they can support the Government's attack on the disabled benefit systems.
Indeed and no answer to my post earlier about where these great jobs are coming from. I don't know many people who actually love being ill or on benefit, I do know many who can't get work that suits their disabilities.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2016, 10:37 AM

There has to be some sort of check. After all it is the spongers who spoil it for the genuine cases.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2016, 10:38 AM

No, I've seen it......i do shop you know.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Indeed and no answer to my post earlier about where these great jobs are coming from. I don't know many people who actually love being ill or on benefit, I do know many who can't get work that suits their disabilities.
Your attitude sums it up.
Disability benefits are for those that CANT work not for those that are unemployed or can't FIND work.

You seem to thinks it's there because there aren't the jobs.

Thanks Julie, you've proved my point.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2016, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
There has to be some sort of check. After all it is the spongers who spoil it for the genuine cases.
Exactly.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

27-09-2016, 10:42 AM

So, the news has effected my view of the disabled?
Prejudiced my opinion?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2016, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
So you think the fact that sick disabled people being hounded is something funny.
Nom .. there are some very genuine sick and disabled people who deserve to be helped ... and I'd go as far as to say unstintingly. It's not their fault they can't work.

And there are some who are just bone idle and play the system. Worst thing is .. this type know exactly how to do it.

My own sister did. Fifteen years ago she got herself on Mental Disability .. and I sincerely hope the tests are harder now that what she had to do to qualify.
One appointment, I filed in a form confirming she was confused, frightened to go out, got anxious over minor personal hygiene tasks and dressing herself ( that bit was true, she dithered for ages deciding what fashion accessory to choose out of her wardrobe.) She had her rent paid, was comfortable .. spent her tine sitting in coffee shops and visiting beauty parlours and clothes shops.
On the strength of benefits been considered a regular, reliable income she also got a Personal Loan from the bank for 10k.
A year later she'd spent all the benefits, spent the 10k, fallen into arrears paying back the loan and owed rent on her housing association flat.
She was healthier than me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2016, 10:45 AM

Of course everyone who claims they are unfit to work should be assessed and tested , what other way is there to determine whether or not they are, looking at them and guessing?

My sister's neighbour spent years off work with his 'bad back' but strangely managed to pave a yard and go off on a bicycle on camping trips every weekend . He failed the assessment and had to work at long last repairing roads for the council .

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top