Join for free
Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:42 AM

Re: How do you handle conflict?

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I try to be fairly calculating in how I handle and respond to conflict. If I get annoyed at something, I sit and wait a little while. If I find I am still annoyed after having waited and nobody else has responded, I gather my thoughts together and then march into battle. Quite often 'though I find most things are not worth the effort of any detailed reply. Life really is too short and I know that it is not possible for people on forums to know who or what we really are - therefore, I think the vast majority of responses can only be given and taken on a superficial level.
Good post Aerolor, thanks. My trouble was I marched into battle before I thought anything over.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'd say just to anyone , say what you think.
You might not be liked for it at the time but at least you are been true to yourself and giving an honest opinion.
Folk know where they stand with you and either love you or loathe you for it.

For some who prefer a quieter experience on the web it can come more natural to be more of a spectator, which doesn't mean they having nothing to say .... they are just more discriminating at what, how or when they say it.
Or more likely curling up with shocked horror or having a fit of giggles over the antics of braver, rasher or dafter souls who haunt social sites.

Each to their own.
We're all different personalities but over the years I have come to the conclusion you have to develop a thick skin.
Great post Morticia, but I especially like the last line....I have to develop thicker skin. I will definitely be working on that.
Thank you Mort
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Morticia.....this post from you means so much to me. You have no idea!! We did get off on the wrong foot, and I am so happy that you suggest we put the new foot forward. I am sorry for everything hurtful I said to you. Thank you Morti.
No need to apologise or thank me unless you accept likewise from me ... we both said some nasty things to each other which didn't make either of us look good.

Good to see you feel more settled and good for you for starting this thread. That takes a bit of courage.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

02-03-2018, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Hey, Bluey, All this thanking everyone.....You’re not at the Oscars, you know!!
I'm building up my posts so I can get PM privileges, hey?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

02-03-2018, 12:58 AM

No need to apologise or thank me unless you accept likewise from me ... we both said some nasty things to each other which didn't make either of us look good.

Good to see you feel more settled and good for you for starting this thread. That takes a bit of courage.
You know what Mort, it did take some courage..... I have been tossing it around in my head since yesterday. I didn't want to look stupid, but I did want to find a way to improve myself. I knew I needed your help and the others too. I feel like things are going to sink in this little peanut I have for a brain, and I will be a good member here. Sometimes it is hard for us to look at ourselves to see where we are going wrong.....
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 01:09 AM

There's only one way, IMHO.

Head on.....A chat, cards on the table and if a reasonable outcome isn't possible then a swift kick in the nutellas......so to speak.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 01:10 AM

I never fancied nutella ..too many bits get stuck in my teeth.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
There's only one way, IMHO.

Head on.....A chat, cards on the table and if a reasonable outcome isn't possible then a swift kick in the nutellas......so to speak.
Like I said earlier..eloquent, in another age and time you would have been Shakespeare
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 01:13 AM

I never fancied nutella ..too many bits get stuck in my teeth.
And you can bloody behave too! You will only encourage him...dirty girl! Go to my bedroom right now!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Like I said earlier..eloquent, in another age and time you would have been Shakespeare
Indeed I would.

Too many an hour spent trying to convince the upper echelons they know ****.

Bloomin site managers.

Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top