Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 01:30 PM

Re: My husband

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
He can't even stand Uj. Has to be lifted from bed to chair, loos a nightmare. Doctors say he may never get back on his feet. Crush injuries are harder to put right than clean breaks.

Sorry to hear this Julie darlin', if there is any help I can give, you have but to ask.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 01:32 PM

What a bizarre undeserved fate for someone showing a kindness to a stranger?
No wonder your husband is depressed Julie .
Hopefully his situation will be given the very best attention by all those treating him.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I wasn't updating because it's all a bit too depressing but mups has told me off and made me see its still early days so to look up not down so much.

Crush injuries we have been told are far harder to fix. He's had two operations neither have got him back on his feet. The doctors aren't being very hopeful he will walk again. But we've never given up before so we mustn't this time.

I hold my hands up I'm a bit depressed myself so apologies if I'm not my usual self.

He's very down and it's not helping trying to find our way through the benefit system. He is tremendously anti claiming also not helpful.

Brightness in our lives at the moment are Nathan and Jordan and ivana all three been absolute stars. Grace too can't do enough to try and help.

Julie darlin' have a lot of experience of claimants entitlements, but obstinately refusing to do so as they thought it was charity. If I can help in any way, you have but to ask, Julie darlin'.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 03:14 PM

Thank you Uj, really appreciated.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 04:16 PM

Julie. I am so very sorry to hear about your husband's accident. I'm not surprised both he and your are feeling so down at the moment.

I do hope the doctors and therapist are able to do more for him.

It's good to hear that the family are rallying around and supporting you both.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 04:34 PM

Julie, it is probably too early to think about it as you have other things on your mind, but have you considered that your husband is possibly entitled to compensation for the injuries he has sustained?
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 08:49 PM

Julie, I really hope things improve for you and your family soon, you deserve all the help available.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 08:57 PM

Thinking of, and praying for, you and your husband. Very sorry to hear this news.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:10 PM

I cannot even begin to imagine what you are all having to deal with right now.
But you will get through it, together, day by day.
Take care of yourself, and each other.
And don't be afraid to ask for help.
Thinking of you all.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:15 PM

Sorry to be so late coming to this thread Julie.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top