Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 06:52 PM

Re: Onion Rolls, Cokes, and Moral Dilemma

What I would have actually done if this was a real life situation is to ignore it all. It's none of my business if he forgets his drinks. When you start to involve yourself with such an individual you are asking for trouble IMO. His karma, his problem.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
What I would have actually done if this was a real life situation is to ignore it all. It's none of my business if he forgets his drinks. When you start to involve yourself with such an individual you are asking for trouble IMO. His karma, his problem.
Annie, What if it turned out that he was ill or, he had mental problems? Would you have done the same, or would you have had sympathy for him?

I have known some really grumpy people but it was part of their illness..
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Annie, What if it turned out that he was ill or, he had mental problems? Would you have done the same, or would you have had sympathy for him?

As Annie says, Art, it's best to leave it. Who knows what kind of trouble - or dangerous situation - you could end up in if you intervened? Not worth it over some cans of pop.
Not our business and nothing to do with us.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

I would not get involved because if there's one thing I know, it's that mentally ill people want to be left in peace because their inner burden is too great to deal with kindness. It's often more harmful interfering with a stranger's bad mood.

I have sympathy for everyone, but I don't have enough of myself to give to everyone or there would be nothing left. I wouldn't be rude to him though or make things any worse for him.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 08:00 PM

The trolley rolled into his car putting a nice scratch down it, as he jumped out to look, he was run over by a speeding mobility scooter. His bell bottoms got caught in the mudguard and his trousers were ripped off in front of a cheering crowd. In an attempt to hide his modesty, he picked up the pack of cokes to place in front of him but they exploded and sent his undercrackers flying onto the supermarket roof......

Am I getting close?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 09:04 PM

Hahaha, Morti, Longdogs...some funny things here.

Here's a little more information:

I know the assistant store manager fairly well.

You all should know me well enough to know that while I might be a little rotten, I am probably not nefarious enough to keep the Cokes and water for myself...am I?

I will tell you this. The items did not stay in the cart, and the person who now has them is in the original post.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

You all should know me well enough to know that while I might be a little rotten, I am probably not nefarious enough to keep the Cokes and water for myself...am I?

I will tell you this. The items did not stay in the cart, and the person who now has them is in the original post.
The Young Clerk?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

Hi

All is now clear.

You took them out of his cart, followed him home and when he was safely asleep you returned, opened the cans and bottles and poured them through his letterbox.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Nah I would have let the grumpy old Mr Meldrew drive off and leave his purchases in the cart. He was cruel to the assistant he doesn't deserve kindness. I wouldn't take them just leave them where he left them.
I'm with you on that Summer. If I had witnessed him being unkind to a cashier who was only trying to be helpful, I would have thought ....would love to see your face when you get home and realise you left them in the trolley.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby Àmericano ->
The Young Clerk?
Temptiing, but no.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top