Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 12:13 PM

Re: Please sign this petition regarding Passports

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Muddy, I don't think it is that De La Rue bid too high. think it has more to do with the Dutch/French company Gemalto, who have had three profit warnings already this year, being bought out by a large defence company that is a quarter part owned by the French state, prepared to use this tender as a loss-leader, hence being able to tender £120 million less than De La Rue.
Plus the labour costs will be a two-thirds cheaper being made in Poland where the minimum wage is £441 per month compared to £1,232 here in the UK.
Hi

That is what we will have to contend with when we leave.

We must improve our Productivity to compete in the World.

Contrary to what some on here believe, there will be no pay rises, we will be in competition, that means working harder.

Even the much maligned French are 30% more productive than UK Workers.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Contrary to what some on here believe, there will be no pay rises, we will be in competition, that means working harder.

There is nothing wrong with the French. If people in the UK worked as hard as people do in other countries there wouldn't be a productivity problem. Flipping Brits have a cheek to moan when migrants are employed here, and on the whole do a good job.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Mmm Swimmy, is that why the french are striking at the present moment? because Macron is trying to end their retirement age of 52 for train drivers? As I said, other EU countries only follow the rules when it suits them, but not this lot running our country.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 12:34 PM

I don't need to sign I've still got a Made in Britain blue passport thanks.

It has seen better days though.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	171210 002 British Passport.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	5506  
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Mmm Swimmy, is that why the french are striking at the present moment? because Macron is trying to end their retirement age of 52 for train drivers? As I said, other EU countries only follow the rules when it suits them, but not this lot running our country.
Hi

The French an argumentative bunch.

They have shorter working week and much better holidays., a minimum of 41 days after working for a year,

In spite of all that, they are still more productive than we are.

https://tradingeconomics.com/country...ntinent=europe

So on a £100 million contract they will beat us hands down, each and every time.

This is the real World, we need to up our game.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 01:33 PM

Tried to share on FB but kept getting error?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 01:38 PM

I shared to Fb ok but it seemed to take a little time
54k+ have signed already
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 01:42 PM

In a fair, competitive world, good luck to any company that wins a bid, regardless of which country, but I draw the line at all of the major EU countries keeping their passports in-house, yet say that we are not allowed to, and even more galling, then win the bid thanks to gormless Rudd and Truss, who obviously didn't have a clue what the repercussions would be with the British people by holding this type of anonymous bidding and didn't even know who the winning bidder was when they chose them.
God help us! with idiots like these in charge. I can foresee this coming home to bite them on the bum at the May elections. Just what we need at this moment in time.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 01:53 PM

Seems like the people traffickers have no problem knocking up a few hundred passports .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...uggled-UK.html
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 06:00 PM

I'm not bothered about what colour it is, but as I've just purchased a new one that's valid for ten years will it be invalid after 2020 as it states it is an EU passport ?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top