Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 08:58 AM

McCartney and Stone.

Hi

I have been looking at Over 55's Accommodation.

The McCartney and Stone etc type of flats.

The service charges are horrendous and the value of this type of accommodation has plummeted.

Locally they have lost a third of their value and many have been on the Market for over a year with no sale.

Best avoided.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 09:47 AM

Re: McCartney and Stone.

We have a new development in Ilkley which they are marketing right now £350,000 for a small flat.then a programme of additional on going charges once you move in ranging from maintenance charges to care packages.

I suppose if you really need additional help and you have the money it's a way of keeping your independence...don't consider it an investment though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 10:31 AM

You may have seen this already Swim?

https://www.mccarthyandstone.co.uk/r...ties-for-sale/

Is your sale going through now? When are you hoping to move?
The above link shows what is for sale, but I don't think you will get the 3 bedrooms you said you wanted with these people.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You may have seen this already Swim?

https://www.mccarthyandstone.co.uk/r...ties-for-sale/

Is your sale going through now? When are you hoping to move?
The above link shows what is for sale, but I don't think you will get the 3 bedrooms you said you wanted with these people.
Hi

I have accepted an offer on my house.

£70k less than I paid for it 10 years ago.

Such is life, the price of the sanctions we have put on Russia.

My purchasers are in a chain,it has broken down twice.

I have lost two houses because of the chain.

I will be fine.

My kids have had the money already and I have enough in the bank to get what I want.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 11:23 AM

Why have sanctions we have put on Russia affected the price of housing ?
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 11:28 AM

McCarthy & Stone have built two lots of apartments in our town, the newest are selling very slowly partly because of the price and also the ongoing costs of service charges. The first block they built have now been sold to another company and the prices have plummeted but not the service charges!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

24-03-2018, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why have sanctions we have put on Russia affected the price of housing ?
Hi

Locally we used to export a lot to Russia.

Seed potatoes in particular, then cheese and other agricultural products.

We put Sanctions on Russia, they retaliated by banning our Agricultural Products and Machinery.

Three Local Companies had to shut down,others laid people off.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Locally we used to export a lot to Russia.

Seed potatoes in particular, then cheese and other agricultural products.

We put Sanctions on Russia, they retaliated by banning our Agricultural Products and Machinery.

Three Local Companies had to shut down,others laid people off.
But the US and the EU have also put sanctions on Russia, on 14th March, so why would just houses in Shropshire suffer a reduction in value?
I thought you blamed the houses that were built behind yours and let to some unsavory tenants, for the house price reduction, in another post.
None of us would want to lose money on our houses , but I would doubt that international sanctions would be responsible for a loss of £70K.... as who will they get these products from now if the US and EU don't provide them?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

24-03-2018, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
But the US and the EU have also put sanctions on Russia, on 14th March, so why would just houses in Shropshire suffer a reduction in value?
I thought you blamed the houses that were built behind yours and let to some unsavory tenants, for the house price reduction, in another post.
None of us would want to lose money on our houses , but I would doubt that international sanctions would be responsible for a loss of £70K.... as who will they get these products from now if the US and EU don't provide them?
Hi

EU Exports to Russia fell by 50% as a result of the sanctions.

House prices have not dropped everywhere, it is just that locally companies were over dependent on Russia with some huge contracts lost.

The prats at the back are just an added complication.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

EU Exports to Russia fell by 50% as a result of the sanctions.

House prices have not dropped everywhere, it is just that locally companies were over dependent on Russia with some huge contracts lost.

The prats at the back are just an added complication.
So are you suggesting that all houses in your area have dramatically fallen in price? If so I must speak to my friends who have a lovely house not far from you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top