Join for free
Page 455 of 1676 « First < 355 405 445 453 454 455 456 457 465 505 555 955 1455 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 06:43 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Hello Possums
I made it to your humble abode at last.
I have to backtrack I am afraid.

First Pug (My affectionate term for him Pugsy Bear)
Trying to play mediator in affairs, of the no, not the heart, the body really is no easy task.
I have to remind you of another branch of psychology, that concurs that it is indeed the women that do the choosing. Men can only hope that they are the chosen one.
Now I am not saying that some females are indeed never satisfied with what they have, or are indeed easily led astray.

I remember my Grandmother telling me in her day, being the youngest of seven sisters, that it was not acceptable to marry until the all the other siblings had walked up the aisle. In those bygone days, she was the chosen one to deliver secret love notes, written by her sisters to their intended beau.
These days we have sexting for goodness sake! There is even a whole set of Emojis made for this purpose, I came across them when searching for smilies.

It is a different world we live in these days, words I have never heard of!
I overheard my son's friend saying to him that he liked his Mum, adding that I was a MILF!!!! I had to google this term to find out it's meaning, and I was shocked!

Yes indeed it is a different world, I have only by chance glanced at the Jeremy Kyle show, I call him Dr Doolittle as he talks to the animals.

That is all from me for now.
I will come back soon.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Hello Possums
I made it to your humble abode at last.
I have to backtrack I am afraid.

First Pug (My affectionate term for him Pugsy Bear)
Trying to play mediator in affairs, of the no, not the heart, the body really is no easy task.
I have to remind you of another branch of psychology, that concurs that it is indeed the women that do the choosing. Men can only hope that they are the chosen one.
Now I am not saying that some females are indeed never satisfied with what they have, or are indeed easily led astray.

I remember my Grandmother telling me in her day, being the youngest of seven sisters, that it was not acceptable to marry until the all the other siblings had walked up the aisle. In those bygone days, she was the chosen one to deliver secret love notes, written by her sisters to their intended beau.
These days we have sexting for goodness sake! There is even a whole set of Emojis made for this purpose, I came across them when searching for smilies.

It is a different world we live in these days, words I have never heard of!
I overheard my son's friend saying to him that he liked his Mum, adding that I was a MILF!!!! I had to google this term to find out it's meaning, and I was shocked!

Yes indeed it is a different world, I have only by chance glanced at the Jeremy Kyle show, I call him Dr Doolittle as he talks to the animals.

That is all from me for now.
I will come back soon.
It can be profitable, talking to animals, the question is, does it constitute Work?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It can be profitable, talking to animals, the question is, does it constitute Work?
You will get your own post from me Spitty.
Go and look at my painting in the Art section.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 09:54 PM

Good advice there Sweetie, yes the times have certainly changed.

I remember years ago there was a rumour going around that Clint Eastwood was Stan Laurel’s son, anyone remember that? Of course it was proved wrong.
I’m just looking at the remake of ‘The Time Machine’ (Guy Pearce and Samantha Mumba 2002) on 5Star and Jeremy Irons is the spit of Boris Karloff, could he be his son I wonder?
Sorry Jeremy, but with all the shit floating around Hollywood at the present time anything seems possible.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

27-01-2018, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Good advice there Sweetie, yes the times have certainly changed.

I remember years ago there was a rumour going around that Clint Eastwood was Stan Laurel’s son, anyone remember that? Of course it was proved wrong.
I’m just looking at the remake of ‘The Time Machine’ (Guy Pearce and Samantha Mumba 2002) on 5Star and Jeremy Irons is the spit of Boris Karloff, could he be his son I wonder?
Sorry Jeremy, but with all the shit floating around Hollywood at the present time anything seems possible.
The Time Machine, one of my favourite films.
Missed that, oh well it will be on again.
You know Pugsy Bear will be back now and tell you about this -
https://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...g-time-machine
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 10:16 PM

I hope so, some Bastards had better watch out.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 10:18 PM

I am totally flaked out at the moment, the tile fellas have just left at 8pm.
I have been up every morning this week at the unheard of hour of 7am to facilitate the builders doing the bathroom, I was never the bright an early top of the morning kind of person, takes me at least an hour to get back to reality from a deep sleep, one wouldn’t mind if one could grab a nap during the day to make up for it, but that’s impossible with all the noise, and I'm not the napping sort either.
I tried to work in the shed but I could not concentrate, the weather is terrible so a walk is out of the question, go to the pub and herself starts moaning if one starts to enjoy oneself and overstays a bit.
They’ll be here in the morning at 7.30am too, Sunday, bloody pagans have they no respect for the lords day and an old geezers sleep.
I’m off to bed now while the goings good, see ya all.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

27-01-2018, 10:23 PM

Bye bye Jem, events have caused me to become Paganised.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

27-01-2018, 10:58 PM

Cheers
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 12:35 AM

one can say one can "wouldn't have minded givin her one?" - many including presidents paid for the privilege but SHE paid with her life and then had the chance to 'time travel'

time travel ? - everything is possible in the time of Goddit but we mere mortals are so stuck in our ways and feet firmly entrenched in crap that we couldn't move if we tried.

One infamous spiritualist once said [and I paraphrase {don't understand it - google it}] " the function of man and wobetide her - her as well is to spend time on earth workin out our own spiritual sh1t before moving to higher planes. and if you can just stop for a moment stop navel gazing and look at the miserable state the world is in right now that's pretty well much on the ball - trouble is as we keep workin out our own sh1t it keeps flying about onto others!

Page 455 of 1676 « First < 355 405 445 453 454 455 456 457 465 505 555 955 1455 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top