Join for free
Page 2 of 46 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 04:09 PM

Re: General Brexit discussion posts split from 'How did you vote thread'

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
I hadn't realised that you are the sole decider of who is a member and who isn't.

Any feelings of being overborne are from you who its herself there.

If I thought you weren't worth discussing with I assure you I would not still be here.

I am very sorry you feel that running with the crowd and being popular is worth being rude for. Is your self confidence so low that you have to be popular instead of objective and realising that there are too sides to every issue?
Are there really? I was beginning to think that there was only your side.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Oh give it a rest flicker ... playing the injured martyr doesn't suit you.
If you weren't so rude, antagonistic and patronising yourself it wouldn't detract from the fact that you do make some good points ... if it were discussion you were really after, and not just to bludgeon everyone over the head with your views and expect everyone to nod like a dumb donkey to massage your ego.
I admit, initially, before battle lines were drawn (by you) I quite enjoyed your posts.
I make no apologies for trying to discuss the very relevant and strongly supported other side. There are some serious consequences to Brexit which never seem to be aired...have you never thought about it or does it not fit in with the ethos here and you will be personally abused yourself? All for hiding in the pack, eh?
If you feel so strongly why don't you defend your POV with evidence instead of attacking me? I would be delighted if you would bring it on...but no one ever does.

When have I ever run whole threads dissing the UK? I can show you the one started that made fun of France as well as particularly nasty ones interspersed within other posts. Or personal references that were purely spiteful and done to achieve applause an strengthen the feelings of crowd approval.

I post here because I am interested in what you say when you are on topic...as an adult I expected the same courtesy.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Are there really? I was beginning to think that there was only your side.
If it were up to you there would be. You add very little in numbers of posts.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 04:22 PM

1) I have absolutely no wish to change anyone's political position. I do however enjoy a proper mature exchange of views.

2) I have no complain about how you run your discussions. I do however draw the line at those who are rude, personally abusive and condescending.
If you do not wish to have a discussion about Brexit why don't you just call th is part of the forum The Brexit Appreciation Society and All Dissenters are Unwelcome...ie forget freedom of speech...you can only be in here if you want too join the cheering gallery.
3) links may be opinion...many are facts.
and I would really appreciate it if you would point out where I have criticised (as opposed to disagreed with) those in here. If I had felt critical I would not waste my time being here. Disagreeing is not being critical. It is Discussing.
4) I have many subjects to discuss and do so in other parts of this site. That you only read this one is not giving a proper evaluation.
Finally I thought you didn't like experts. Now you at leaving it all to them.
I happen to be interested in the process since this is the first time in history something like his has happened and the constitutional legacy is very important.
I give very little time to the result...I care about the process and the future.
I gather you were not an English teacher, from the grammar on your posts!
However that is irrelevant, because I also find you have a condescending, patronising, overbearing attitude, so I am putting you on ignore. Just be careful though, because if lots of us do that, you will have nobody to argue with.
The excellent mods on here are the reason most of us moved here from your other site... so maybe you should go back there, if you don't like the ones here
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 04:30 PM

I make no apologies for trying to discuss the very relevant and strongly supported other side. There are some serious consequences to Brexit which never seem to be aired...have you never thought about it or does it not fit in with the ethos here and you will be personally abused yourself? All for hiding in the pack, eh?
If you feel so strongly why don't you defend your POV with evidence instead of attacking me? I would be delighted if you would bring it on...but no one ever does.

When have I ever run whole threads dissing the UK? I can show you the one started that made fun of France as well as particularly nasty ones interspersed within other posts. Or personal references that were purely spiteful and done to achieve applause an strengthen the feelings of crowd approval.

I post here because I am interested in what you say when you are on topic...as an adult I expected the same courtesy.
I'll leave you to wallow in your own perceptions then .. or more accurately misconceptions and nor do I mean about Brexit. Shame, you're a good debater.

This forum is perhaps more lightly moderated than what you are accustomed to ... or maybe not, as your own posts evidence a growing tendency toward the rude insult carefully couched in the guise of delivering a lecture.
You merely receive in return what you yourself put out.

It's interesting to see how you draw attention to a post you dislike as it makes fun of France.
Perhaps there is hope for you.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
That's me ticked off then
I'll leave you all to your big luv in,
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 05:15 PM

Got some jacket spuds in the oven .. off go give them a squeeze and see if they're cooked.

I know my place ...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 05:41 PM

What was it that Groucho Marx said, "Please accept my resignation, I don't want to belong to any club that would accept me as a member" ....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 05:47 PM

If it were up to you there would be. You add very little in numbers of posts.
Small number of posts + high level of relevance = Good

Large Number of Posts + Lots of repetitive lecturing = bad.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 05:47 PM

I don't believe brexit will happen ,however I have been a staunch supporter of it since around 1985 .... nothing will ever convince me differently

Page 2 of 46 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top