Join for free
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 12:05 AM

Yoga tea

My new addiction to online Yoga has led me to discover how to make yoga tea, which apparently has lots of health benefits.

You just boil up some cardamon pods, cinnamon sticks, peppercorn, fresh ginger and cloves in a pan and then drop in a regular teabag at the end. You can also add other bits and pieces like turmeric, nutmeg or star anise. After it's brewed you strain and add some honey.

Really comforting after a long day and so easy to make with stuff that keeps forever. Apparently you can have it with milk too. I think they also call it chai tea.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 12:26 AM

Re: Yoga tea

Sounds nice Annie - I am currently addicted to herbal teas such as chamomile, St Johns Wort, liquorice, etc
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 09:25 AM

Mrs LD's has been drinking Redbush vanilla tea for some years now and has just started on Chai tea. I don't mind it but I couldn't drink it all the time. She recently tried home made turmeric tea but that was a disaster.

I have had proper Indian chai where the milk is boiled for a long long time and thickens and that was lovely although very sweet.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 01:27 PM

LD I tried the shop brought chai, but didn't like it too much. Doesn't have much flavour IMO. Maybe having fresh ginger makes the difference? Cultures that invented this make a whole ritual out of preparation. That makes it more special, if you make it with care and have to wait a bit for it to stew and brew. Also smells divine when cooking.

I have a friend who is convinced that tea in bags is not the real thing. He said the material in the bags is bleached in chlorine. I can't tell myself but tea does seem very different if it's loose.

Azz my favourite chamomile tea is the loose flowers. I'm always disappointed if they don't have a strong aroma. but I bought some lovely stuff from Adagio which was recommended by a Chinese friend. They do all sorts of yummy herb teas.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 02:12 PM

Sounds like my addiction chai latte can't claim to make it myself it's a tassimo pod. Lovely stuff but sweet.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2017, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
LD I tried the shop brought chai, but didn't like it too much. Doesn't have much flavour IMO. Maybe having fresh ginger makes the difference? Cultures that invented this make a whole ritual out of preparation. That makes it more special, if you make it with care and have to wait a bit for it to stew and brew. Also smells divine when cooking.

I have a friend who is convinced that tea in bags is not the real thing. He said the material in the bags is bleached in chlorine. I can't tell myself but tea does seem very different if it's loose.

Azz my favourite chamomile tea is the loose flowers. I'm always disappointed if they don't have a strong aroma. but I bought some lovely stuff from Adagio which was recommended by a Chinese friend. They do all sorts of yummy herb teas.
Hi Annie.

I have been to a couple of tea plantations in India and Sri Lanka, as your friend says, our tea bag tea really is the dust that's left on the conveyor belt.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2017, 08:59 PM

Looked in Food and Drink for this thread!

Bought Yogi Tea (Bedtime) today
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
CrosbyCulbert
New Member!
Melbourne
CrosbyCulbert is male 

13-02-2018, 03:08 PM

Never heard of yoga tea before but after looking at the ingredients I will certainly try yoga tea! Will share my reviews after having a sip.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
My new addiction to online Yoga has led me to discover how to make yoga tea, which apparently has lots of health benefits.

You just boil up some cardamon pods, cinnamon sticks, peppercorn, fresh ginger and cloves in a pan and then drop in a regular teabag at the end. You can also add other bits and pieces like turmeric, nutmeg or star anise. After it's brewed you strain and add some honey.

Really comforting after a long day and so easy to make with stuff that keeps forever. Apparently you can have it with milk too. I think they also call it chai tea.
Recipe please!
ingridcarley
New Member!
UK
ingridcarley is female 

27-02-2018, 10:49 AM

Sound interesting.It's called Masala Chai in India, according to some source.Can you please tell what percent of all Ingredient are put in this tea.I am eager to make it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top