Join for free
Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 01:42 PM

Re: The Polish and Others are leaving.

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I think good english, including spelling and punctuation, is vitally important particularly in any commercial or legal sense, where a comma in the wrong place for instance can give a completely different meaning to a sentence. The worst thing that has happened to the english language in recent years has been the lesser importance placed on it in schools and text speak.

For example: A woman without her man is nothing.
Or: A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Punctuation is absolute key to meaning.
That is the reason that lawyers tended NOT to use punctuation .in latter years .
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Ever heard of shift work?
I would so miss your little pearls of wisdom.
Yes,

As I thought, you're a shifty worker....
Oh, and at least I have some wisdom to give on the odd occassion..
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 08:40 PM

should you need to go into Hospital wrinkles who is going to look after you ?A good many Drs & Nurses are European,as they are leaving who will take their place ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
should you need to go into Hospital wrinkles who is going to look after you ?A good many Drs & Nurses are European,as they are leaving who will take their place ?
British doctors and nurses, when we get our fingers out and training them up.

Until they are ready, perhaps we can rely on imports from OUTSIDE of the EU, either permanent or temporary. I'm sure we'd have plenty of offers.

We already have a lot of doctors from the Sub Continent and nurses from the Philippines and elsewhere.

Why do remainiacs continue to bleat that we NEED the EU.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2017, 09:28 PM

Because you never cease telling us that we don't.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
British doctors and nurses, when we get our fingers out and training them up.

Until they are ready, perhaps we can rely on imports from OUTSIDE of the EU, either permanent or temporary. I'm sure we'd have plenty of offers.

We already have a lot of doctors from the Sub Continent and nurses from the Philippines and elsewhere.

Hi

We are not getting our fingers out though are we?

Immigration was a big part of Brexit for many so getting them them elsewhere is self defeating.

The EU Nurses are not coming now.

http://news.sky.com/story/applicatio...-vote-10913295

As for getting them elsewhere, we are spectacularly failing on that.

My NHS Trust spent a lot of money travelling to the Philippines to hold a recruitment show, they got not a one.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 08:16 AM

Reading the above posts Iīm only surprised that each and every doctor or nurse from an EU country hasnīt packed up and left.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 09:07 AM

I see this from another perspective, I've had 4 invitations to go to interviews in past two weeks, the polish who ran a cleaning company only for polish workers has disappeared, I obviously can't take anyone up on that offer but the jobs are coming back that have been closed to many of us for years.

Oddly chatting to my Hungarian friend she says even with brexit she is staying she loves uk and wants to become a citizen. That's the sort of person uk needs people who love the country not the money they can make out of us.

I'd like to think caring nurses won't abandon us too but I'm waiting to see about that, tbh most here in the NHS appear to be from outside the Eu so it can't imagine they will panic.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Reading the above posts Iīm only surprised that each and every doctor or nurse from an EU country hasnīt packed up and left.
Why? Have they been told to leave?

As far as I'm aware, we are not going to kick them out after Brexit.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Why? Have they been told to leave?

As far as I'm aware, we are not going to kick them out after Brexit.
Hi

No, not directly told, but indirectly, an awful lot of pressure being put on.

Eu Residents have no right to remain at all after Brexit, they can apply for permanent residency after 5 years here.

This is not granted automatically, you have to fill in an 85 page application form, which is a nightmare, and currently 28% are being rejected.

How many of us have every bill for the last five years or can prove that their kids who where born here have stayed here since?

It really is not worth the bother, so not only are they leaving, new ones are not coming, hence the huge drop in Nurses arriving here.

The unskilled are still arriving, tempted by the Minimum Wage, it is the skilled who are leaving.

Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top