Join for free
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 06:14 PM

Re: Should we ban cat ownership.

I do agree with some of that Judd, they can be a nuisance to neighbours with their wandering and pooing. I would also be annoyed if they scared my wild birds away.
Having said that, the bloke next door to me has got a cat which has only ever been allowed out into a pen, never walked on grass, climbed a tree, or got into anyone's garden either. Only thing is, the bloke won't shut the cat flap at night and I would have strangled it if I could have last night for howling and mewing half the night outside my bedroom window!
It's a female, and he won't have it spayed, so no doubt it was in season.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I do agree with some of that Judd, they can be a nuisance to neighbours with their wandering and pooing. I would also be annoyed if they scared my wild birds away.
Having said that, the bloke next door to me has got a cat which has only ever been allowed out into a pen, never walked on grass, climbed a tree, or got into anyone's garden either. Only thing is, the bloke won't shut the cat flap at night and I would have strangled it if I could have last night for howling and mewing half the night outside my bedroom window!
It's a female, and he won't have it spayed, so no doubt it was in season.
Chuck a mouse loaded with Rhohypnol into its cage
venator
London
venator is male  venator has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
'Allo allo allo, has old Pummy been returned to haunt us?
Who is this Old Pummy of whom you speak?
venator
London
venator is male  venator has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I think you're on a loser there mate...or you should be!
I probably am, but why should I?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 06:26 PM

You don't own a cat, they condescend to live with you if they like you.
venator
London

23-05-2017, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
Humans kill over a billion creatures per year in the UK having usually kept and killed them in a very inhumane way .

Eating animals is a choice not a necessity .

Should we also ban humans ?

I'm all in favour of looking closely at animal cruelty .
Ooh, you've widened the debate. We should ban SOME humans. Seriously though, I am largely veggie and do appreciate, apart from the cruelty angle, the sheer inefficiency of intensive meat production. That's probably one for a new thread though!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 06:30 PM

Personally I have no interest in all this rubbish regarding cats, you need to own one to know anything about them. I have 5 cats living at my farmhouse, but they are well fed and cared for. They never go off my land and I am willing to bet that I have 10 times the number of happy healthy birds, visiting my garden on a daily basis, than you do.
Two of my cats occasionally kill a mouse or a rat... but if they didn't the place could get overrun with them. Or do you prefer to give them a slow painful death with non reliable mouse traps, when they get in your house?
They do catch baby rabbits and bring them home alive, so I take them back down the field ... but not nearly as many as the farmer pays his men to shoot.
If you are all so worried about killing animals.. I wonder how many of you are vegetarian? After all those who eat meat are probably responsible for the death of considerably more animals, than my cats would ever catch.... and there is no escape for those animals!
My cats are kept in at night... so they also don't catch anything then
venator
London

23-05-2017, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Cats have their uses if they keep down vermin.
True, but they also keep down sparrows, voles, frogs etc.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 06:32 PM

Who would I rather spend my time with, a cat or some ponced up idiot in a pink coat with a bugle up his @rse?
venator
London

23-05-2017, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Ooh, venator, have you checked whether your 40 something might-be girlfriend likes cats?
Good observation! Will let you know.

Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top