Join for free
Page 22 of 22 « First < 12 20 21 22
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 07:18 PM

Re: What Habits Do You Dislike In Other People?

That is appalling Rachel.

My Mum had a care line pendant but they were really on the ball, day or night. Excellent.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That is appalling Rachel.

My Mum had a care line pendant but they were really on the ball, day or night. Excellent.
Think I didn't explain properly in my previous post.

I guess she hadn't pressed her button to alert them and they told me they were unable to do anything until somebody else was there and pressed it.

Maybe they have hoax callers? dunno.

I phoned them several times from the cab on the way over but nope ... nothing doing.
That day there was a traffic jam and what would normally have been a 15/20 minute journey took three quarters of a hour.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I've been thinking about this in the shower...

Put the boot on the other foot....

You've got an emergency on your hands and you need to speak with your friend NOW.
You call and they pick up, but they say they're in the middle of something complicated and can they call you back.

Say you'd fallen in the garden and couldn't move for the pain in your leg, you kept passing out, or maybe you'd cut yourself badly and there was a lot of blood and you didn't know what to do, or all of these things at the same time...if the friend said could they call you back, wouldn't you then quickly say, "I need your help this is an emergency!", or at least give them a hint of what's happening?

Unless of course you can't wait (because it's an emergency) so you say, "don't bother" because you want to try to get hold of A.N.Other friend in a hurry.
This is known as PlanB.

Hmmmm....

The moral of this story is: never ever pick up the phone when you're in the middle of something complicated.
Then, the answer machine will kick in, and if it's an emergency you'll hear, "Help! it's me! and I think I've broken my leg and I'm bleeding to death, please tell me what to do!!!"

The other moral to this story is: if you find yourself in an emergency situation, don't waste time fannying around calling a friend, dial 999 and hurry up about it!
You're right. I always listen to the answerphone first; it might be the mother-in-law.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You're right. I always listen to the answerphone first; it might be the mother-in-law.
very naughty!

Reminds me of Les Dawson and his wonderful mil jokes, corny but hilarious!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 08:26 PM

Sad story Rachel, I hope they have learned from your tragic experience
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 08:49 PM

very naughty!

You think I'm joking, don't you?

It's true. She has a motorised gob.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 09:06 PM

You think I'm joking, don't you?

It's true. She has a motorised gob.
JBR, I can't believe you still have a mother in law! Is she in a rocking chair, like in Pysco?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

02-07-2017, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
JBR, I can't believe you still have a mother in law! Is she in a rocking chair, like in Pysco?
She's 78; my wife's 55 and I'm 64, so it all works out you see.

Although she's 78, she can rabbit on like a young child.

My dad used to say that if women were allowed a million words, they'd be dumb by the time they're 20.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 09:23 PM

very naughty!

I agree. I used to love those too.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Think I didn't explain properly in my previous post.

I guess she hadn't pressed her button to alert them and they told me they were unable to do anything until somebody else was there and pressed it.

Maybe they have hoax callers? dunno.

I phoned them several times from the cab on the way over but nope ... nothing doing.
That day there was a traffic jam and what would normally have been a 15/20 minute journey took three quarters of a hour.
This is something I need to add.
I am not the sort to put myself first, but on this occasion, I did.
2 days before that, I was getting a lift to the RSPCA to collect my new rescue cat and I needed to be here with him, as he was (and still is) fairly timid. He and my existing cat needed to get used to each other. Is that selfish? Dunno.

I thought Mum's opposite neighbour was popping in to check on her. People are so unreliable.

All very unfortunate.

Page 22 of 22 « First < 12 20 21 22

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top