Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 08:26 PM

Re: Thailand , India and Asia

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Puddle Duck.

Been there and seen it for yourself or just relying on propaganda?

I have seen cats and dogs far worse treated here in the UK.

Perhaps we should start here and ban anyone keeping pets?
That is a ridiculous comment, and as per usual you will always find something to come back at me and have a go for.
Maybe you are so connected to your own little world of me, me, me , you fail to understand that out in the big wild world there is a lot of concern for the welfare of animals, no matter where they are. Does cruelty in a different country make it easier to ignore than in our own country.
It is not propaganda and if you knew anything or involved yourself with any of the charities that constantly strive to do some good, then you may have a different opinion.
Please don't constantly make comments in an attempt to belittle any points I make about any subject. Thank you !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Maybe the answer is to tell of the great danger that tourists put themselves and their children into, by taking elephant rides , for example.

Many are the rampages of elephants, not only in India etc. but in USA within the circus compounds , where children are on the backs of these strong , agitated , angry and then uncontrollable animals, that take off without notice and kill people.
It is happening all the time.

Fortunately Ringling Bros. have been forced to send all their elephants into retirement, in the last 12 months.
Whether, circus, religious processions, or whatever, people should not be so ignorant.

Tour companies should be forced by law to instruct of the dangers that can result from such interaction with wild animals. I doubt any would volunteer to enter a lions cage , meaning they know the dangers !
Rampage.. India

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWmToj9Xy6s
Maybe this would make a valid online petition to the government if anyone knows how to start one.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 08:05 PM

Maybe that is the way forward LD. I have just put out some feelers to ask if it's the correct procedure . There have been petitions etc, sent to the Governments of the countries involved, and some changes have been implemented, but not enough by far.
The difficulty I suppose is that the elephants cost about £30-50,000 and the money needs to be paid back.

31 baby elephants exported to China on 1st January, from Zimbabwe so the ones that actually survive the journey, will now look towards another 50/60 yrs of neglect for mans desires. We'll be long gone by then !

I think I might wait outside the pearly gates to welcome them home.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 09:49 PM

Maybe that is the way forward LD. I have just put out some feelers to ask if it's the correct procedure . There have been petitions etc, sent to the Governments of the countries involved, and some changes have been implemented, but not enough by far.
The difficulty I suppose is that the elephants cost about £30-50,000 and the money needs to be paid back.

31 baby elephants exported to China on 1st January, from Zimbabwe so the ones that actually survive the journey, will now look towards another 50/60 yrs of neglect for mans desires. We'll be long gone by then !

I think I might wait outside the pearly gates to welcome them home.
Very sad.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

13-01-2018, 01:07 AM

One to sign, if anyone should wish to.

Guruvayur: Stop Encouraging the Poaching of Baby Elephants!

Wildlife SOS

https://www.change.org/p/stop-encour...uiter=74638071
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 02:00 AM

Hi

I have travelled abroad extensively, avoided the Tourist traps.

I have ridden elephants bareback into a river, and been blown off by them.

Great fun, it was a game for them, get a bunch of bananas.

I have birthed an elephant, when she was having trouble.

Two years later, when I went back, she remembered me.

They are incredibly intelligent.

Mum taught daughter to have no fear from me, just a good game.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

13-01-2018, 02:19 AM

Not really interested in what you have done Swim. I, I, I, I , and so on.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 02:40 AM

Not really interested in what you have done Swim. I, I, I, I , and so on.
Hi

I appreciate that Puddle Duck.

You have very fixed views.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

13-01-2018, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I appreciate that Puddle Duck.

You have very fixed views.
Probably because my cousin was a world renowned conservationist, for his work in India and Africa and one of his sons and a daughter are following in his footsteps.
So, I may be a lot more engaged than you are.

http://www.tfcg.org/pdf/The%20Arc%20Journal%2023.pdf
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-01-2018, 03:25 PM

One to sign, if anyone should wish to.

Guruvayur: Stop Encouraging the Poaching of Baby Elephants!

Wildlife SOS

https://www.change.org/p/stop-encour...uiter=74638071
Done!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top