Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 10:19 PM

Pork

An experienced butcher admits "when we see cancer growths in pork, we just cut it and sell it to the customers"

http://ewao.com/2017/12/14/an-experi...-to-customers/
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 10:29 PM

Re: Pork

Who sponsored that, the Vegan Society?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 11:00 PM

Doesn't it have to pass Ministry meat inspectors any more?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Who sponsored that, the Vegan Society?
Ha ! It could be, although another report on it was done in December, from which Cancer UK were aware.
Having had the dreaded 'C'. six years ago, the hospital did give dietary advice and it was suggested that pork should be off the menu where possible and also red meat consumption should be reduced. That was just for general awareness nothing to do with my type of cancer. and obviously nothing new.
Suggestions where fish and chicken and of course all the vege and fruit you would want.

@ Mups, don't know how they would inspect. If a butcher buys a carcass, how can anyone see what's going on inside ?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 10:46 AM

I don’t eat a lot of meat but recently fancied a pork steak and bought a couple .
Not anymore I won’t .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 11:24 AM

Few years ago I bought a large joint of pork from sainsburys for Christmas. I cooked it looked I'm told lovely, meat never looks good to me. But first cut into it a huge jet of putrid green mucus shot out burned my husbands arm really badly. Ended up at hospital on Christmas afternoon.

When I investigated why it had a big tumour inside that he had pierced.

I took it back to sainsburys they gave me my money back and £100 in vouchers without blinking an eye. I said to lady she didn't look surprised and she said she wasn't it was quite common. we never bought pork again.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 12:27 PM

Stupid article as the various comments below it testify.

There will be more and more of this though as the Muslim contingent gradually put pressure on the UK to ban pork.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I took it back to sainsburys they gave me my money back and £100 in vouchers without blinking an eye. I said to lady she didn't look surprised and she said she wasn't it was quite common. we never bought pork again.
The Queen of Naïve strikes again !

Maybe consider researching the provenance of the food you eat and start to make more sensible choices.

Here's a clue. Don't buy meat from supermarkets.

Find a proper farm shop which rears its own animals and/or is linked with good local providers and has high quality produce. Stock up on meats regularly and freeze them so you always have something available.

Do the same for vegetables if that's possible. Find a local organic vegetable grower and go support them.

Cost of product should not be an issue where your health is concerned.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Few years ago I bought a large joint of pork from sainsburys for Christmas. I cooked it looked I'm told lovely, meat never looks good to me. But first cut into it a huge jet of putrid green mucus shot out burned my husbands arm really badly. Ended up at hospital on Christmas afternoon.

When I investigated why it had a big tumour inside that he had pierced.

Good grief Julie you have virtual turned me into a vegetarian reading your post 😁
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The Queen of Naïve strikes again !

Maybe consider researching the provenance of the food you eat and start to make more sensible choices.

Here's a clue. Don't buy meat from supermarkets.

Find a proper farm shop which rears its own animals and/or is linked with good local providers and has high quality produce. Stock up on meats regularly and freeze them so you always have something available.

Do the same for vegetables if that's possible. Find a local organic vegetable grower and go support them.

Cost of product should not be an issue where your health is concerned.
How about you stop name calling and accept not everyone has your shops near them. Only farm shop near here charges like a wounded bull for very poor produce that they bring in from markets in London. Don't grow a thing themselves.

Supermarkets are most people's only choice for price and convenience.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top