Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 10:49 AM

Stuck help I shouted lol

At work I take the bins down in a lift, when I exit the lift doors close and I'm in a gated bin area you need a code to get out of or a key for the lift which I have.

Last night numpty here forgot to pick her key up so down in the lift empty bins pat pocket for key and realise I'm alone no one else up stairs to notice I'm missing, it's 6.30pm no security on site until 8pm if I'm lucky.

Stood there few seconds then started trying to remember code for gate not realising it was changed a year ago.

Heard a car stop in the road so called out could they help me ?

Lovely young man walked all the way round to the front of the building and rang door bells to try and find anyone in the building. No answer.

He did offer to shimmy over and give me a boost over the gate but I had to refuse I know my limitations.

So I turned small bin over and sat down to wait.

9pm the security guard arrived. He wasn't exactly quick to rescue me but did realise I was there by half past.

Lesson learned, my husband has put the key on a chain that I can wear round my neck so as I come in I can be sure I've got it with me.

Laughing about this morning but was a little worried at one point I might still be there this morning. And ever noticed how you always need a pee when you can't get to a loo, I nearly flattened the guard in my rush to get to the toilets !

Ever got yourself stuck or locked in somewhere ?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 11:05 AM

Re: Stuck help I shouted lol

Oh Julie you do make me laugh.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 11:15 AM

Julie werent you frozen?
How did you pass the time? Three hours!!!!

And dont you have mobile phone in your pocket for emergencies???
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 11:17 AM

I locked myself in the bathroom, well it wasn't my fault, my second daughter who was about 4 had swapped the key for another one and it jammed in the lock.
I shouted for help, luckily someone heard me and I climbed through the window with help to get down the outside.
I'd collapsed with hysterical laughter before hand and had to calm down.
Lucky there was a loo in there!
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 11:58 AM

If it was me I'd have gone into panic mode.
Can you claim the overtime.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 12:05 PM

Friend jean worked nights at a call centre , working alone one night she popped out the back door for a ciggy break , the door slammed shut , she realised with horror she couldn't get back in , meanwhile the call centre phone was ringing , luckily she had her mobile in her pocket so she rang hubby who travelled 8 miles to help , she gave him the front door code so he could let himself in then was able to let her back in through the back doors . Luckily no one from work ever knew and she never did it again
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Julie werent you frozen?
How did you pass the time? Three hours!!!!

And dont you have mobile phone in your pocket for emergencies???
IT was chilly but luckily not raining.

I spent most of the time reading my kindle app came into its own.

Yes had my phone but who to ring ? If I'd rung home they couldn't get into the building or helped in any meaningful way would just have worried them. No one in the building, no security no idea who else to ring.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-02-2018, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I locked myself in the bathroom, well it wasn't my fault, my second daughter who was about 4 had swapped the key for another one and it jammed in the lock.
I shouted for help, luckily someone heard me and I climbed through the window with help to get down the outside.
I'd collapsed with hysterical laughter before hand and had to calm down.
Lucky there was a loo in there!
Lol

Originally Posted by Newcomer ->
If it was me I'd have gone into panic mode.
Can you claim the overtime.

Only very briefly I realised it didn't help

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Friend jean worked nights at a call centre , working alone one night she popped out the back door for a ciggy break , the door slammed shut , she realised with horror she couldn't get back in , meanwhile the call centre phone was ringing , luckily she had her mobile in her pocket so she rang hubby who travelled 8 miles to help , she gave him the front door code so he could let himself in then was able to let her back in through the back doors . Luckily no one from work ever knew and she never did it again
Lol
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 12:18 PM

Yes, but I was only 15 at the time. It was a filthy wet and cold Winter's Sunday and my friend and I were fed up. We decided to go and have a mooch around the Museum, they shut early on Sundays but we didn't know that and at 4pm a bell rang, being the muffins we were, we didn't know that was to tell everyone to leave as the door was about to be locked. A wee while later we realised it was very quiet....too quiet and it was creepy so we decided to leave and found the door was locked. Shouted and looked around for office but found nobody, We decided to go down to the Basement floor to the toilets to see if we could shin out a window, luckly for us we were both skinny wee things so we got through with a bit of squirming about and dropped about 5/6ft to the pavement. I was scared stiff and creeped out, and I've never been back into a Museum since that day..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-02-2018, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Yes, but I was only 15 at the time. It was a filthy wet and cold Winter's Sunday and my friend and I were fed up. We decided to go and have a mooch around the Museum, they shut early on Sundays but we didn't know that and at 4pm a bell rang, being the muffins we were, we didn't know that was to tell everyone to leave as the door was about to be locked. A wee while later we realised it was very quiet....too quiet and it was creepy so we decided to leave and found the door was locked. Shouted and looked around for office but found nobody, We decided to go down to the Basement floor to the toilets to see if we could shin out a window, luckly for us we were both skinny wee things so we got through with a bit of squirming about and dropped about 5/6ft to the pavement. I was scared stiff and creeped out, and I've never been back into a Museum since that day..
Gosh that would have scared me too roxy !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top