Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 04:36 PM

Re: Assault on my taste buds

Crikey, they sound dreadful. But as you say, it's what one is used to.
I do feel sad though the way our national chocolate, Cadbury's, is being treated by Kraft. Okay, if they want to change the recipe to the taste buds of our American friends, fair enough, but DO NOT inflict the American taste for chocolate on us Brits, who are connoisseurs of delicious tasting chocolate and have grown up with the wonderful taste of a bar of Cadbury's chocolate, Creme Eggs and delicious Christmas Tree decorations. All of which had that all-knowing, authentic, creamy, sweet Cadbury taste, until they changed the ingredients to cater for American tastebuds and their ruddy shareholders. Grrrr!

First they got rid of the sharp square corners of my lovely Cadbury's Choc Bar and made it round edged squares, they changed both the ingredients and size of the Creme Eggs and much to my disappointment, those once upon a time Cadburys Christmas Tree Decorations have lost both the inviting smell and taste of that familiar loved chocolate novelty we always hung on the Christmas Tree in a lovely warm room. They now sadlytaste like any other cheap Crimbo Tree choc decoration!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top