Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 07:23 PM

Re: Advice needed REF Cat's

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Basser, can I respectfully suggest you refer to your other posting in General Chat where Missy gave excellent info and advice.

Thanks LT. Thought I was losing my marbles as I was certain I had replied and then it wasn't there Didn't realise two threads were made
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 07:25 PM

Live mice - they just love chasing 'em around the house - best plaything ever.....

Only joking...
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 07:47 PM

You must buy a Scratching post, otherwise he/she will scratch your furniture to pieces.

Scratching Post.
Warm cushioned bed.
Sainsbury's Ultra Clumping Litter.
Small climbing station.
Soft Toys.
Kitten food.
No milk, just water.
Biscuits for kittens.
Ping Pong ball.
Fish on a string.

Give you kitten a lot of love and attention, play with him/her.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
You must buy a Scratching post, otherwise he/she will scratch your furniture to pieces.

Scratching Post.
Warm cushioned bed.
Sainsbury's Ultra Clumping Litter.
Small climbing station.
Soft Toys.
Kitten food.
No milk, just water.
Biscuits for kittens.
Ping Pong ball.
Fish on a string.

Give you kitten a lot of love and attention, play with him/her.
Is that all?

You forgot the penthouse suite............
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 08:02 PM

None of my cats slept in a cat bed,they preferred to sleep on someones bed,although they had their own,They didnt bother much with toys,but did like 'ping pong balls' ,3.Its a good idea to get a flea comb especialy if you get a long haired cat.Good luck I hope a kittty brings joy,where are you getting one from?are you going to a rescue centre or a pet store
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Is that all?

You forgot the penthouse suite............
Oh yes, I forgot the brush & comb.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
OH and I are getting a Kitten could you Cat lovers out there please advise us on what we will need to give our kitten a home and make it feel welcome, IE Sleeping accommodation, suitable food, cat litter make etc etc

Big thanks for your help..

Basser.

Basser, there are quite a few 'cat' people on here that can advise you, but I also wonder where are you getting your kitten from?

Surely the people supplying the kitten should advise you what the kitten has been fed on, how it has been reared, likes and dislikes, whether it has been wormed and so on???

Perhaps they would give you some food to take with you so that you don't upset his/her tummy changing diet suddenly too.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Live mice - they just love chasing 'em around the house - best plaything ever.....

Only joking...
Lol this is a great suggestion. Because if you don't have live mice in the house to "play" with +you will be "gifted" some lovely half-dead ones from outside about 6 to 12 months after adopting your whiskered fluffball
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 10:04 PM

oh yes you definitely need a scratching post, so they can sniff it derisively and then pointedly ignore it while they claw the sofa to smithereens.....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

27-02-2018, 10:06 PM

In case nobody mentioned it yet, don't forget flea control from the vets. I've used advocate with great success. It stops the fleas from reproducing. There is nothing quite like a flea infestation in Spring and Summer.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top