Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 09:03 AM

Re: Won't be buying this ever again!!

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I don't eat a lot of meat so I hadn't realised that halal meat was so widespread, which I am not happy about at all

So yet again it looks like British people and customs having to change to suit immigrants

Here's a trick I've heard of. Next time you're in a supermarket and notice that the meat is halal, see if you can accidentally drop a pork chop or two into the display
Apparently it pisses them off no end

Plus the PC Fascists trying to ban Morris Dancers and, unbelievably, stop soldiers from wearing camouflage paint

As you might expect nowadays, our spineless government gives in to them
Hi

Yet another ill informed post.

I will repeat,we have no need to accommodate their wishes, we choose to do so.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

That's what I said, isn't it? Read my post properly

We are having to change because no-one, least of all our government will stand up for Britain or British customs & traditions.

And that includes tougher action on immigrants both within & outside the EU, health tourism, and so on

Oh, all right then, perhaps the wording of my, and JBR's post could have been better phrased
We are not 'having to change', we are allowing change to happen through the acquiescence and inaction of Government, large companies and other institutions, which, I strongly suspect is against the wishes of most people

When anyone does try to assert this, they are inevitably shouted down with cries of 'fascist', Little Englander' and so on

Back to supermarkets.
Next time you're in a supermarket, have a look at the chocolate Easter eggs, and see how many of them include the word 'Easter' in the name
Trivial, perhaps, but it's all part of this constant, insidious undermining of our traditions
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Was doing my Sainsbury Home Delivery Shop today. Noticed that New Zealand lamb was a £1 off the price of £8.50 (£7.50) for a whole leg of lamb, whereas 1/2 leg of New Zealand Lamb was still £8.50, Oh good, I thought, enough for dinner on Sunday and a Curry on Monday.

I don't know why but I decided to look at their reviews first. It was showing 4 stars out of 5, so someone wasn't happy with their lamb and I wanted to know why before I bought.

Imagine my absolute disgust when the first review I read stated that every New Zealand Lamb (not just some) is now killed by the Halal method!!. The reviewer was furious that Sainsbury's only mention this in the tiny small print, instead of making it prominent on the front of the packaging so customers can make an informed decision whether to buy meat that has not been slaughtered in the usual way.

Needless to say, I am not going to touch that lamb. I'm shocked and surprised that the country of New Zealand allow every single Lamb to be slaughtered this way.
I will in future stick to English or Welsh Lamb.

What are your feelings regarding Halal slaughter. I'm afraid I'm totally against it.
Are you serious? How absolutely ridiculous! All animals in NZ and Australia are stunned before slaughter by what ever method used - IT'S THE LAW!

It is compulsory for all animals to be stunned before commercial slaughter in New Zealand. Stunning ensures an immediate loss of consciousness to prevent animals from feeling any pain during the slaughter process. The requirement for animals to be stunned prior to slaughter is contained in the Animal Welfare (Commercial Slaughter) Code of Welfare 2010, which is available on the Ministry for Primary Industries website.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:01 AM

Thankyou Bruce.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:30 AM

Thanks from me too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:45 AM

Hi

The blame game JBR.

They are not changing any of our Laws at all.

We are changing our Laws,end of.

We could,and should,simply say no.

It is exactly the same as the EU, we are blaming them for our own failings.

EU Law in no way prohibits us from banning it.

EU Law in no way prevents us us from controlling Immigration from the rest of the World.

It is entirely our own fault.

EU Law in no way prevents us from deporting the Roma, the beggars and Big Issue sellers.

France has deported 15,000 of them,even though they are EU Citizens.

EU Law does not insist that we class Big Issue sellers as self employed and provide them with Benefits,we are unique in that.

Germany can deport unwanted migrants in 6 months,we have a backlog of 23 years at present.

France can do it in 16 weeks, don't even bother to try in Poland or Hungary.

All these Countries are part of the EU, all subject to the same rules.

It is entirely our fault,naff all to do with the EU.
All this is true but who are those making these choices? Our Country is no longer entirely run by white Christians.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 11:21 AM

Hi

The blame game JBR.

They are not changing any of our Laws at all.

We are changing our Laws,end of.

We could,and should,simply say no.

It is exactly the same as the EU, we are blaming them for our own failings.

EU Law in no way prohibits us from banning it.

EU Law in no way prevents us us from controlling Immigration from the rest of the World.

It is entirely our own fault.

EU Law in no way prevents us from deporting the Roma, the beggars and Big Issue sellers.

France has deported 15,000 of them,even though they are EU Citizens.

EU Law does not insist that we class Big Issue sellers as self employed and provide them with Benefits,we are unique in that.

Germany can deport unwanted migrants in 6 months,we have a backlog of 23 years at present.

France can do it in 16 weeks, don't even bother to try in Poland or Hungary.

All these Countries are part of the EU, all subject to the same rules.

It is entirely our fault,naff all to do with the EU.
You are right, of course. Our authorities are undoubtedly to blame, but much of the blame also lies with the do-gooder brigade who, I can only assume, would like to see the complete destruction of this country.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
As you might expect nowadays, our spineless government gives in to them
Hi

That's what he said, isn't it?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Are you serious? How absolutely ridiculous! All animals in NZ and Australia are stunned before slaughter by what ever method used - IT'S THE LAW!

It's a pity that Australia still exports thousands of animals live to the die terrible deaths in the slaughterhouses of the Middle and Far East .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aust...xport_industry
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-02-2018, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's a pity that Australia still exports thousands of animals live to the die terrible deaths in the slaughterhouses of the Middle and Far East .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aust...xport_industry
It's what they call 'flexible morals'!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top