Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 06:57 AM

Good morning Wednesday !

Good Morning everyone,

Not very nice here today! Yesterday it snowed/rained/snowed - this morning the residual snow has frozen solid and the roads/paths are lethal. One of my friends has suggested going out for lunch - but I would rather hibernate!

We'll see what happens when the Sun rises - it could vanish it all in minutes.

Stay safe and warm whatever you are all doing.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 07:06 AM

Re: Good morning Wednesday !

Good morning all,

Be careful around that Ice Silver Tabby.

It's -15° here this morning and the coldest temperature I've ever experienced. In East Germany it's down to -22° in some places. From now on the temperatures start to go up.

I'm not doing much today. Especially not doing anything outside.

Stay warm and enjoy your day everyone.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 07:49 AM

Morning

Its heavy snow here.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 07:53 AM

You all stay safe and warm.

How many of you want rain back?!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 07:58 AM

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE WOKEN UP TO THIS MORNING AND I'VE GOT TO GO OUT IN IT.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 08:35 AM

Susie it's about the same here.
If I need to go out I shall put on my snow boots and catch public transport. The car is staying in the garage...

Have a good day all.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 08:45 AM

Good morning all

Woken to a bit of a blizzard this morning, but it's the little ball snow, more like hail then snow so not so bad.

Susie, that looks like a snow angel in your garden

I have to go out today, got to drive to the next town as Mr Missy needs to collect a car. It's 5 miles to the nearest gritted road but luckily my car is like a tank and really handles well on the snow so I'm not too concerned, just need to watch out for the other eejits on the new by pass. It's not a good road as it really holds water and becomes a skating rink when wet. So many accidents on it down to people driving like loons

For all those who worry about walking out on the snow and ice, can I suggest you invest in a pair of yaktrax ( other brands are available) I bought a few pairs years ago for mum and me and I've never slipped on the ice since. They aren't expensive, they fold up and can be slipped in to the glove box or handbag. I always have a pair in the car and a pair by the back door. They really are a good buy

Stay safe and warm whatever your plans are x
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 08:49 AM

Morning all.

Glad I stocked up on food yesterday. It was snowing at 4.15am when I woke up and looked out of the window. Thankfully I got my wellies from the car the other day and they have been in a cupboard keeping warm for me to use.

Right, let's get suited and booted and get out before the next fall.

Laters.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 08:59 AM

Its going to get to a high of -2degrees here today, heavy snow forecast and im supposed to get to 2 hospital appointments today.Have to make up my mind soon but worried about public transport staying the course.

Stay safe and warm everyone.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 09:10 AM

Hi

Minus 5 here,but no more snow.

A day doing battle on the phone methinks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top