Join for free
Page 7 of 15 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 06:05 PM

Re: The Strange Case of the Russian Spy.

Another exile Russian Business man murdered in London on Monday.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I can't help wondering how we could identify it, chemically, unless we had some, ourselves, to compare it with.

No wonder countries are cutting back on the military, all you need now is a bottle of poison which you can pitch into the crowd.
Initially, one of the first reports on this assassination attempt that I heard said there were only two countries in the world that had developed Novichok. Then we heard that it was only Russia.
According to a gentleman on an interview on BBC this afternoon, USA also developed Novichok in 1996.

Why won't they give samples to Russia ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Initially, one of the first reports on this assassination attempt that I heard said there were only two countries in the world that had developed Novichok. Then we heard that it was only Russia.
According to a gentleman on an interview on BBC this afternoon, USA also developed Novichok in 1996.

Why won't they give samples to Russia ?
Hi

What is the point of giving it to Russia?

They would only deny it.

A sample has been given to the Independent organisation which works to control Chemical Weapons.

They have no axe to grind.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 11:29 AM

There seems to be an awful lot of chaff being scattered by the Kremlin over this. Appearances on TV of the Russian Ambassador, State sponsored Russian journalists, Fake News, spokesmen for this and that, all denying Russia's culpability for this attack. In the words Of Shakespeare: Methinks they do protest too much.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
There seems to be an awful lot of chaff being scattered by the Kremlin over this. Appearances on TV of the Russian Ambassador, State sponsored Russian journalists, Fake News, spokesmen for this and that, all denying Russia's culpability for this attack. In the words Of Shakespeare: Methinks they do protest too much.
On the other hand if you were innocent of something wouldn’t you garner as much support as possible ?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
On the other hand if you were innocent of something wouldn’t you garner as much support as possible ?
Yes , I reckon that's fairly normal. Just can't get my head around the fact that this attempted assassination was committed the day after his daughter arrives in UK, in a public place . It could have been done ages ago, rather than wait for his daughter and could have been done by different methods.

I don't believe Putin would be commanding such a thing in a public place, knowing full well what the repercussions could be. Putin's no fool ,unlike our Boris !

It's also odd that suddenly they thought that his relatives had died in suspicious circumstances, and may be exhuming the bodies . Surely a death certificate was produced after a report on the deaths and post-mortems results. Why is it questionable now ?

Too many oddities , but could be because the bottom line is, we actually don't know anything at all !
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 04:51 PM

Yulia no longer critical and improving rapidly.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Yes , I reckon that's fairly normal. Just can't get my head around the fact that this attempted assassination was committed the day after his daughter arrives in UK, in a public place . It could have been done ages ago, rather than wait for his daughter and could have been done by different methods.

I don't believe Putin would be commanding such a thing in a public place, knowing full well what the repercussions could be. Putin's no fool ,unlike our Boris !

It's also odd that suddenly they thought that his relatives had died in suspicious circumstances, and may be exhuming the bodies . Surely a death certificate was produced after a report on the deaths and post-mortems results. Why is it questionable now ?

Too many oddities , but could be because the bottom line is, we actually don't know anything at all !
It would appear that (according to a police report) the poisoning took place at the victim's home. Good to hear that his daughter Yulia is improving.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43588450
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 05:38 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43588450

Very good news.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 05:44 PM

That is good news, let's hope her father recovers.

Page 7 of 15 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top