Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 11:34 PM

Re: Is Putin Being Unfairly Maligned?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The government would not bother with all the drama if he was considered an ally. Clearly there are things we don't know, but there's more to it all than whatever we read in the media.

Yes, I agree with that Annie.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
In which case why didnt Putin take the easy way out that he was offered...admit that it had been taken.
Edit..

"The small amount that we know about these agents is based on reports from Russian chemist Vil Mirzayanov, who exposed the development programme in 1991."

https://www.newscientist.com/article...-russia-do-it/
Why admit to anything? No government or ruler ever does do they?
In politics, admitting to it is not taking the easy way out when you have a pack of other world leaders forming a posse .. and will see it as a tacit admission of all and any allegations.

Personally I only see that Trump is siding with May over this because it suits the State's own ongoing dislike of all things Russia and May, is an ineffectual woman trying to look caring and concerned. (As opposed to over the Grenfell Tower ). She's like a wilting wallflower at a party who has found an opportunity to sidle out into the spotlight and make good her own disastrous public image.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The government would not bother with all the drama if he was considered an ally. Clearly there are things we don't know, but there's more to it all than whatever we read in the media.
Never a truer word, or paragraph, said.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 01:30 AM

Hi

This particular type of nerve agent was only ever
manufactured by the former USSR at one place.

Nukus in Uzbekistan, this class of nerve agent was designed to be undetectable by standard NATO methods.

There are many different varieties of it, it is not a simple one off chemical.

The plant at Nukus was decontaminated by the USA , starting in 1999, it took 3 years, and much of what we know about the stuff came from that.

It is definitely Russian in origin.

The problem is that there were many thousands of artillery shells and bombs etc produced with this stuff.

It is binary, the two chemicals are mixed together when the shell is fired.

These shells were stored all over the place and it is not inconceivable that some went missing.

You have to understand the Russian Psyche .

The Russians are fervently patriotic, don't worry about casualties and denounce traitors.

Putin is a very popular President, a very calculating man, a planner and very efficient,nothing like Trump at all.

Contrary to what some have said he is not old school Communist,he has said the Communism is a road to nowhere.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

This particular type of nerve agent was only ever
manufactured by the former USSR at one place.

Nukus in Uzbekistan, this class of nerve agent was designed to be undetectable by standard NATO methods.

There are many different varieties of it, it is not a simple one off chemical.

The plant at Nukus was decontaminated by the USA , starting in 1999, it took 3 years, and much of what we know about the stuff came from that.

It is definitely Russian in origin.

The problem is that there were many thousands of artillery shells and bombs etc produced with this stuff.

It is binary, the two chemicals are mixed together when the shell is fired.

These shells were stored all over the place and it is not inconceivable that some went missing.

You have to understand the Russian Psyche .

The Russians are fervently patriotic, don't worry about casualties and denounce traitors.

Putin is a very popular President, a very calculating man, a planner and very efficient,nothing like Trump at all.

Contrary to what some have said he is not old school Communist,he has said the Communism is a road to nowhere.
I wonder if any was stored in Porton Down?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It's just that I'd be interested to learn how they could pinpoint its source to one specific place.

Even having done so, can they be sure that it hasn't passed through the hands of some third party who was the one who brought it to this country?
These are similar to my thoughts, which I posted on another topic yesterday. I suppose we are not privy to too much information, but after reading this link tonight, there have to be more questions than answers at the moment.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archi...raqi-wmd-scam/

No doubt some will accuse of 'fake news' or unsupported propaganda, but that works both ways and no body, so far as I can see, has the full story and more than likely never will. That's why to me it all seems to be very quickly cut and dried in response, thus expelling Russian Diplomats from UK.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
I've always thought that he was an old-school fascist .....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
I wonder if any was stored in Porton Down?
Hi

Why would you wonder that?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

16-03-2018, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
In which case why didnt Putin take the easy way out that he was offered...admit that it had been taken.

Edit..

"The small amount that we know about these agents is based on reports from Russian chemist Vil Mirzayanov, who exposed the development programme in 1991."

https://www.newscientist.com/article...-russia-do-it/
Hi

That was true at the time,however in 1999, following the breakup of the USSR, the Uzbec Government invited the the USA in to decontaminate the chemical plant at Nurus.

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/05/25/wo...t-cleanup.html

The West knew an awful lot more after this.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
And also describes many people who aren't world leaders.

I think there's no doubt Trump is as bad if not worse than Putin when it comes to psychopathic and narcissistic personality disorders, two sides of the same coin, yet May holds his chubby little hand.
There is a distinction between the two and their countries/peoples IMO, along with their psyches. I don't think anyone believes Russia is a democracy, but the USA is more of a democracy than Russia. If they really wanted to the people of the USA could get rid of Trump (not necessarily kill him) but I very much doubt the Russian people could get rid of Putin unless they managed to assassinate him.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top